Respected Contributor

Anyone Going to Their High School Class Reunion Soon?

My 45th reunion is this weekend and I am going.  My DH is not interested in going so my best girlfriend for over 50 years are going together. It's a casual get together. I came from a huge class of almost 600. I've only went to one reunion and that was my 25th. I am glad this is a casual dress affair. I bought new capris and a top and I am  getting my hair done. PlusI am going to  wear my QVC jewelry Smiley Happy Is there anyone else having a reunion coming up?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone Going to Their High School Class Reunion Soon?

Leeny, can you give me a hint to where you live?  I live in WI & my 50th class reunion is in October.  It is casual Friday & Saturday nights.  I keep changing my outfit as it is hot  now, but who knows what it will be like in October.

My class had 188 students.  DH had his 50th class reunion last year.  We went to the same HS & there were 240 students in his class.

Hope that you have a great time.

Honored Contributor

I have never been to a class reunion.  We moved a lot when I was a child (all over Southern California) so I do not have any longtime childhood friends.  I now live in a different state.  

Honored Contributor

My 50th is coming up. I never went to the others because our class was 650+ and the people I hung out with (small group) were not the type to attend reunions. We weren't the popular kids, nothing special about any of us. I intermittently checked the commercial reunion site over the years and no one I wanted to see was ever down as going, so really I have no interest.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

@twinny70 wrote:

Leeny, can you give me a hint to where you live?  I live in WI & my 50th class reunion is in October.  It is casual Friday & Saturday nights.  I keep changing my outfit as it is hot  now, but who knows what it will be like in October.

My class had 188 students.  DH had his 50th class reunion last year.  We went to the same HS & there were 240 students in his class.

Hope that you have a great time.

I also live in Wisconsin.  It's going to be hot so that's why I am glad its going to be a casual get together. I hope it's fun. There are some of the kids I'd like to see. We too had our "clicks". I wasn't in that bunch. lol

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I hated the high school I went to, so I never went to a reunion.   I did go to my husbands 40th reunion, the year I turned 40, rofl.  Yea, I got some looks that night.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

I am attending my 40th HS Reunion in September.  It will be the first one I've been able to go to.  We had a really big class, about 900, as the new HS wasn't going to open until the following year.  Looking forward to it.  Have reconnected with a few people.  After I graduated, my family moved about 1,000 miles away so I haven't seen any of my classmates.  Trying to drop some more weight but running out of calendar.  lol

Honored Contributor

Been out 40 years and my class never had one.  I feel so lucky!   LOL!!!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

My 45th is this Saturday also. I'm going!

Honored Contributor

No, my 50th was last year. They kind of combine a lot of them as our classes were small. Had only 100 in my graduating class. I have not lived in my hometown since I was 17. I don't think I have ever thought about going since I have left the area.