Respected Contributor

Anyone Getting Christmas Cards Yet

Received one Friday and another being delivered today.  Friday's card was expected.  DH has a cousin who prides herself on her cards arriving the day after Thanksgiving.  The second card is a "fall off your chair" surprise.  It is from a childhood friend of DH whose greeting cards always come after the event be it birthday or holiday.  

With all the advanced shopping and decorating, I am getting anxious.  I got our cards on the kitchen table waiting for DH.  He does the cards, I do the tree. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone Getting Christmas Cards Yet

we hardly get any anymore.  I'd love to see them on here.Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, got a very nice one from the paper delivery man (hint hint).  I will send him a thank you tip.  He's very reliable.

I need to get mine out!  I've got the cards, stamps, address book.  Need to get the fingers moving.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

I don't usually start receiving any until after December 1, it seems.  And I don't mail mine until the 10th.

Esteemed Contributor

None yet but I am surrounded by family and friends who are tardy.  January sounds fine to them.

Honored Contributor

i think last year i received maybe around 30? i expect to get less this year. i no longer send them out. i have received 4 THANKSGIVING cards, but no christmas cards yet.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia  Treasure your paper delivery man.   We can't get any newspaper delivery in our area.  It's digital or nothing.  They don't even sell the Sunday paper at the gas stations or grocery stores any longer.  Its really upset the elderly who don't use computers. 

Honored Contributor

Got our first Christmas card yesterday.

Honored Contributor

Wonder when this tradition will end?

First clue: Hallmark store closures. 

Honored Contributor

@Allegheny wrote:

@Sweetbay magnolia  Treasure your paper delivery man.   We can't get any newspaper delivery in our area.  It's digital or nothing.  They don't even sell the Sunday paper at the gas stations or grocery stores any longer.  Its really upset the elderly who don't use computers. 

Luckily news radio, TV & libraries are free.