Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone Get Mail Recently From IRS?

Never want a letter from THEM😳

Honored Contributor

Yes I did. I'm being audited.Smiley Frustrated

Something to do with health insurance tax credit I received before I went on Medicare.

Trusted Contributor

We got one last month.  It was saying to watch out for increased scams using the IRS and to never give out your info over phone. 

Esteemed Contributor

@BunSnoop  Let us know! 

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Yes I did. I'm being audited.Smiley Frustrated

Something to do with health insurance tax credit I received before I went on Medicare.

I've had formal, in person audits three times in my life, and all three times the IRS was wrong. (However, I also have made simple dumb mistakes.)

Chin up, it ain't over till it's over. Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@BunSnoop 

We didn't.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Frequent Contributor

Yes I did.  I was surprised since I file jointly with my husband and the letters usually come to him.  They stated that they wanted to change my withholding because they didn't think I was giving them enough money.  If I don't protest, they will contact my employer and increase my W-4 withholding.  I owed money last year but I didn't get penalized so I'm not sure why they are going to all of this trouble.  My husband has extra withholding per pay period so we already provide extra money for them.  I don't care because I'm sure I can change it if it seems to be too much.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Doesnt the IRS send out the forms and instructions for 2021 taxes about this time? 

I got my yearly letter that we are getting a raise, that's all I got. It's 5.?  raise fpr 2022.

Respected Contributor

@HLP wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Doesnt the IRS send out the forms and instructions for 2021 taxes about this time? 

I got my yearly letter that we are getting a raise, that's all I got. It's 5.?  raise fpr 2022.

Sorry, that was medicare,my mistake..