Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone Else Alone on Thanksgiving?

@baileychic8 wrote:

I'm in Arkansas you can come here.  I know how you feel.  

@baileychic8 

What a sweet offer!

Image result for welcome to the forum image

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm sorry you are alone today but you have done a good thing by volunteering to help others.  Good for you.  Times sure have changed and who would have known how things would be.  But you will be able to do that again I am sure. 

Sometimes the holidays are not all what they are cracked up to be either.  Don't tell anyone, but I kind of enjoyed the break from all those things last year.  I needed to real it in.  I just didn't enjoy the reasons or how it effected everyone.  I learned what really mattered once again.  

Honored Contributor

@THETOT 

Image result for welcome to the forum image

I do too.

Sending Dad an angel hug!

Image result for sending hugs to you images

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am, but I don't mind because our family had our Thanksgiving early.  So today, I have some little chores to do, going to watch football, read and sew, even tho it's dreary and raining.

So much to be thankful for!!   Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!  Looking forward to Christmas!!  Blessings to all!

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 I am very sorry you are alone for this holiday.trust me,I know the feeling.last year I was alone also.this year,im going to my sister's house.i will be thinking of all my board friends who are alone today

Trusted Contributor

Happy Thanksgiving @Black Cat Back and everybody!

I got up this morning and wanted to check this thread.... No one is alone as long as we are talking to each other.  I  will be popping back in to see what everyone writes.  

Enjoy yourself-- whatever today brings.  I hope YOU keep it light in your heart.

Trusted Contributor

I am home alone today but I saw family earlier this week. My sister and part of her family are having Thanksgiving today but there will be way too many people for my comfort  level. I am not that close to this niece and her family either. I know that sounds bad but it is what it is. My girls are in CA . I am going to bake my Christmas cookies so I can get them them shipped to them tomorrow. I am a loner anyway. I am fine. I decided not to go to the gym today just because. It's a beautiful really cold day today. Some people don't understand the comfort of being alone but that's OK too. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving all. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@justashopper wrote:

Happy Thanksgiving @Black Cat Back and everybody!

I got up this morning and wanted to check this thread.... No one is alone as long as we are talking to each other.  I  will be popping back in to see what everyone writes.  

Enjoy yourself-- whatever today brings.  I hope YOU keep it light in your heart.

@justashopper  

Thanks for checking in.   I am up out here on the westcoast.  It's 8am, and I first had to wake up and realize I don't have to go to work!   I'm planning on taking a walk while it's still crisp out this morning.  Hope to workout later (strength training) and try to keep busy. 

I know many of you have had your Thanksgiving dinner a few days ago perhaps or will be having it.  Many have Christmas to look forward to.  I wonder how many of us have no family at all?   I think that makes it doubly hard.  I have no family whatsoever.   If you have loved ones you can call and knowing they are out there, that is a huge blessing.

Thanks again all for responding and being there for those of us who just need to know we're being thought about today.

Respected Contributor

@Black Cat Back  It's about 10 am (EST) here in Connecticut.  Just checking in on you, as I promised.  How's it going so far?  **HUGS**  Don't forget the dog show at 12 noon (EST) on NBC!  I have the Macy's Day Parade on in the background - LOL, better than nothing.  At least it's cheerful!

Talk to you later!

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Esteemed Contributor

(thread title only)

@Black Cat Back 

My wife has been gone Pet Sitting, will be 2 weeks Friday. Home Saturday, off again for another job on Sunday for another week.

Alone! Nah, I have our 3 felines and our canine Lily to keep me company. With them here, I am never alone. My wife and I don't eat the same, so Thanksgiving Day in that respect, is no different than any other day.

She has only 1 brother, I have only 1 living sister, so very little in direct family. My sister has 3 kids and I have no idea how many grandkids and great grandkids! I saw my nephew ice skating yesterday and they are all getting together today for Thanksgiving. I would not go if invited and my sister is aware of it.

Personally, I can be perfectly happy as a loner, but also enjoy being around people. That of course includes family and friends, but also am comfortable around an acquaintances or complete strangers.

Sure I have memories of my mother/my 3 sisters having Thanksgiving Day together, but they will always remain that, memories, because that is no longer something I, or anyone can control. Things I can't control I spend little time thinking about because it does nothing to make my life, or those around me feel happier.

I prefer living each day, 1 at a time, and getting the most out of that day as possible. Not just for me, but those closest to me, which includes our furry family members.

I have many things I am thankful for, the first is still being alive, and moreso, actually being able to live my type of life. My life is an active life where I spend little time on "use to be's". Being alive/and active/having loved ones I an thankful for Everyday, not just 1 day of the year, because it is a National Holiday.

hckynut 🥅🏒

hckynut(john)