Esteemed Contributor

I'm thinking about purchasing the "Trust & Will" option for single people from QVC. I've done research on this and I think this would be a good thing for me. qVC price is better than their site so I may purchase it from Q. I'm curious if QVC simple sends you a link in email to get started with it or if you receive a card of some type? Does anybody know? Anyone have experience with Trust & Will - even if you didn't purchase through Q? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Anybody use Trust & Will?

If you have "serious assets"......I believe a lawyer who deals in financial matters would be a better bet.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

Some Attorneys specialize in Wills and Trusts.  I would at least have a consultation with one.

Wills are different state to state.  You have to have something recognized where you are.

Remember Wills and Trusts are popular because Attorneys make easy money on them!!!!!

Honored Contributor

I have a bunch of shirt-tail relatives waiting for me to kick off.   YES, they have actually asked what they are "gonna get".     And, you better believe I have a LAWYER....

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

We went to a lawyer.  We wanted to make sure that everything was specified exactly as we wanted it and that we adhered to the laws that are in place in our state.  (As someone has pointed out, every state will be different.)  Probate laws can change, too.

In some states you can make what's known as a holographic will - you must handwrite it (can't be typed) and sign it.  It's better than nothing.

It depends on what kind of assets you have and how you want anything distributed.

Having said that, any will is better than no will, IMO.

Respected Contributor

They send you a card in the mail with an activation code then you set up your login and password. They walk you through the process of setting up your will then once done you can print the documents or have them shipped to you. You then get them notarized

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi - Wow, if any relative asked me something like that, I'd have an immediate answer for them:  nothing!

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@Desertdi - Wow, if any relative asked me something like that, I'd have an immediate answer for them:  nothing!

@Venezia     I have already announced to these freeloaders that if there's anything left....it goes to CHARITY.    But....I expect they will be fighting over it anyway.   di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi - You do make me laugh.  DH and I have no children but do have other family members.

One of whom said "WE KNOW!  It's all going to the cats' shelter!"  I said "Correct."  (Well, that and St. Jude.)  Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Venezia wrote:

@Desertdi - You do make me laugh.  DH and I have no children but do have other family members.

One of whom said "WE KNOW!  It's all going to the cats' shelter!"  I said "Correct."  (Well, that and St. Jude.)  Woman Wink

@Venezia      Yeah....I'm widowed, no kids or siblings.....and some of these greedy folks think I have GOLD AND CASH BURIED IN THE YARD and would like to know if there are any "markers" to where it might be.    I think they must be smoking the cheap stuff......

Edited to add a PS:    One of these idiots even said he wanted to be my "financial advisor"......     di

♥Surface of the Sun♥