Honored Contributor

Re: Anybody lie about their age?

I'm 71 and proud of having made it this far.  What's the point of being coy about it???

Honored Contributor

No.  Really no reason to.  I look younger than 78 ... so I enjoy the look of surprise when the learn my age.

Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361 

Happy Birthday !

i dont lie about my age but my weight..... is a whole other story

of course i can't shave off 10 lbs - but 5lbs......

this is just talking to myself and then my pants tell me to shut up lol

Esteemed Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Junebug54 wrote:

Its amazing how may women are told they look 10-15 yrs. younger.  Do you not realize that they aren't about to say "yes you look that age" or "I thought you were older"... don't believe them.

@Junebug54  I have seen this posted many many times on here for years. I've also seen posters go as far as saying 20 to 25 years! Everyone looks younger!

And no one ever has any wrinkles here.  Also when posters say that they were carded. Smiley LOL  (because it's the law and occasionally those stores enforce the ID check)

Have you also noticed how everybody's kid is practically a genius? "My son/daughter graduated at the TOP of their class! They were valedictorian! They graduated Maga *** Laude! They are at the TOP of their profession!!!" 

Eye roll.

Please!

Nobody ever says, "My kid was average in school. He/she is doing okay job wise."

Nope.

To hear tell it here, everybody's kid is the president of Mensa and a CEO of a Fourtune 500 company and is a multi-millionaire!

Like it's shameful to admit that your kid is a B or C student and doesn't have a job where they earn six figures.

Now, that's where the whopper lies are!😄

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@Mj12 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Junebug54 wrote:

Its amazing how may women are told they look 10-15 yrs. younger.  Do you not realize that they aren't about to say "yes you look that age" or "I thought you were older"... don't believe them.

@Junebug54  I have seen this posted many many times on here for years. I've also seen posters go as far as saying 20 to 25 years! Everyone looks younger!

And no one ever has any wrinkles here.  Also when posters say that they were carded. Smiley LOL  (because it's the law and occasionally those stores enforce the ID check)

Have you also noticed how everybody's kid is practically a genius? "My son/daughter graduated at the TOP of their class! They were valedictorian! They graduated Maga *** Laude! They are at the TOP of their profession!!!" 

Eye roll.

Please!

Nobody ever says, "My kid was average in school. He/she is doing okay job wise."

Nope.

To hear tell it here, everybody's kid is the president of Mensa and a CEO of a Fourtune 500 company and is a multi-millionaire!

Like it's shameful to admit that your kid is a B or C student and doesn't have a job where they earn six figures.

Now, that's where the whopper lies are!😄

@Anonymous032819   And they all go to Ivy League schools.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't lie about my age.  But I do look younger than my age - my sister does too.  We have our Mom to thank for that, because she did not look 90 when she passed last year.  In my head, I still think I am in my 40's.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Trusted Contributor

Happy birthday!

Quite honestly, there are times I don't remember my age.  I know I passed 40, but don't remember how long ago (actually over 20 years ago!)Woman Tongue

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I am 65. I tell people who would  rudely ask how old I am, that I am 75. I get a lot of compliments 😄

@SeaMaiden  Same here! Hahahaha!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Goldengate8361 

The last Maximal Vo2 Treadmill Test with Pulmonary Cart I took? My Physiological age ranked me in the upper 10% of the 50-55 age group/upper 3% of 55-60 age group/upper .5% of those 80-85.

At 81, a young lady at the ice rink asked me: "do you mind me asking your age"? I said "I will be 82 in June", not the lowest of my Physiological age. Most that ask one's age, I believe, are asking one's Chronological age.

Have I ever lied? I would have loved to say I was "25" from 16-25 years old. My car insurance went from $1,000 per year for a $1,000 liability deductible, to $150 per year for all inclusive $25 deductible. So $850 per year in 1955? Almost 2/3 of my income.

Lied? NO.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

Not yet. I may in the future though.