Respected Contributor

Re: Anybody lie about their age?

I'm 65 and I never have lied about age.  I have earned it.  I just try and do the best I can to take care of myself.

I'd rather have someone say dang you look good or you never change than really 56?  LOL

Honored Contributor

I've been toying with the idea of lopping off at least a year, the one that was stolen from me.

Typically I'm taken for someone 90 In outrageously good shape, so I doubt it wil matter too much what I say the number is.

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

No.  No need to.  What's the point?  Vanity?

Good point, but not vanity.

EXPECTATIONS. I set a goal for myself a couple years ago to master a musical instrument that I could play in a really high level ensemble, as I did 60 or so years ago.

Early on, it was difficult to be convincing, what with my wrinkles and white hair.

Luckily, my high school band director instilled in us the attitude that no excuse for less than your best is worth hearing, and the job was "shut up and play".

That's what I'm doing, and the number really doesn't matter to me, but since that year was indeed stolen from me, and if the virus hadn't found me, that wouldn't have happened. 

So I may just take it back.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Nope, I am not going to wipe out any of those years.  I lived them.  To say I am younger means erasing those years and I want credit for still standing here.  I may not be what I was back then but I am what i am because of what I went through.  So I carry my total 60 years proudly.  

Trusted Contributor

i'll just never understand why people have to be ashamed of or lie about their age. it's not like we don't all get older. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ha Ha!   I just Googled me and they got the age correct but thankfully both phone #'s listed are incorrect.

I have never understood why asking someones age is a big deal.  I remember asking a girl at work how old she was, we were both in our 20's and she was so insulted that I asked.  

66 now!  Used to want to live forever!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I am 65. I tell people who would  rudely ask how old I am, that I am 75. I get a lot of compliments 😄

@SeaMaiden , love it😁!

No reason to lie.  I am happy to have reached my age and hope for many more years to come!  S

PS, happy birthday🎂🎈🥂

Valued Contributor

I'm 71..It's not because I want to..I forget some times..There are days I feel like I'm 50..then there are days I feel like 95.

Honored Contributor

I never understood why anone would want to lie about their age.  I will be 76 next month and I am proud of it.  I have had friends and family that did not get to age.  It sure beats the alternative.  Lying about it will not change it and most people can figure out the lie.  Whats the point?

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361  - Hope you enjoyed your day.  I forgot to say happy birthday in my post.