Honored Contributor

Re: Anybody lie about their age?

No, I really don't have a reason to lie about my age.  I'm 54 and I'm totally fine with that!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

@Goldengate8361  I forgot to say Happy Birthday!🎂

Trusted Contributor

No, and I don't understand the secrecy about someone's age 🤷‍♀️ .  Regardless, have a happy birthday 🎉🎈🎂!!

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

First of all Happy Birthday !!  what a blessing !   As for me, I am 70 years young and very proud to tell anyone ( I'm told I don't look my age) I am grateful to the Lord that he has allowed me to see 70 yrs and living a wondeful life of retirement. I have 2 wonderful children and 2 wonderful grandsons.  Enjoy the rest of your special day !

@Goodie2shoes  You are blessed!❤️

Esteemed Contributor

A very Happy Birthday!  No I don't lie but if someone is rude enough to ask my response is: Why do you ask?  Usually shuts them up.  I'm not vain but don't like intrusive questions to satisfy someones curiosity.

Honored Contributor

Depends on who is asking.......

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

It is really sad that some women feel they have to lie about their age, in 2021. 

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've never lied about my age but I was older than was common for a first marriage at 40.  Prior to that, I worked for DoD and dated a lot, and most men were younger ( by 2-10 years) and didn't seem to realize I was older ( DH is 7 years younger).  I was reticent about volunteering my age but would drop hints ( which never got picked up!).  I would say something like Roger Staubach was at Naval Academy when I was at U of Md or I was in H.S. when JFK was inaugurated.  Of course as soon as I started dating DH I made sure he realized exactly how old I was ( it didn't matter to either of us).

Valued Contributor

I typically use a 5 year age range: When I was 40, I stayed 40 until I was 45, then 45 until I was 50, etc. Now I am 70, until I am 75. Actually I have to kind of think back to my birth year and go from that because at any given time I'm not sure of my actual age. 

I never knew exactly how old my mother was until she was eligible for Medicare. It seems she may have fibbed a bit on my birth certificate. This age obfuscation seems to run in her family.

And @Goldengate8361, Happy Birthday! Wishing you many more.

Honored Contributor

No.