Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anybody lie about their age?

Happy birthday @Goldengate8361 !  In today's world you can identify any way that you want.  Why not go for 45 or 50?  Most important is to take care of yourself.  Have a fabulous day!

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

No, I never think about my age, sometimes I have to do the math to know my age, born in 1953, this is 2021, birthday at the end of March, oh yeah, I'm 67

It's really just a  number.  I know people say that all the time but it's true

I'm proud of my age.

I'm on borrowed time anyway

Esteemed Contributor

Don't need to!  People don't believe me when I tell them my real age.

I DO on online surveys.  They have your email. 

Your name and your correct age gives them all the info they want about you. 

Name and birthdate = security!  Be careful.

Regular Contributor

I never had to lie about my age. 

But often times many people thought I was a lot younger, why I don't know? Not sure if that's a good or bad thing? 

One time though, I wanted the guy (a co-worker) to know that I was older, just so he knew that I was speaking from years of experience and not being a smart-ass blabbering out of the sides of my mouth.  When I suspected he was dismissing my input, I first said, do you know how many years of service I have working here? And when I told him, the astonished look on his face was priceless LOL.  He said he thought I was in my mid 20's and rather new to the job!  When in actuality I was in my mid to late 40's at the time and working there for over 20+ years. (Even though he was serious & his comment kind of made my day, I still did not let that go to my head though).  I noticed he treated me quite differently (better/more respectful) after I established that age/experience fact.  

Honored Contributor

Another thing: when the Q is selling skin care "guaranteed" to make you look younger many of the callers tell us they don't their age.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Super Contributor

I have never lied about my age because it never bothered me.  But funny story:

Over fifteen years ago when I was working in a nursing home, a female patient died.  Well, her family had quite a time getting her death certificate because it turned out she had married a much younger man back when that was scandalous, and so she had shaved ten years off her birth date.

Her birth certificate was found which showed the real date, but apparently her family and even our records showed the ten year younger date LOL.  She also had never told her husband her actual age and he preceded her in death so he never knew either.  Her children got a kick out of the whole thing.  

Esteemed Contributor

Credibility is a very fragile thing.  Why would I want to lose mine?  Not for age.

Respected Contributor

No Beauty Quotes | No Beauty Sayings | No Beauty Picture Quotes

Valued Contributor

Happy Birthday @Goldengate8361 . No I have never considered lying about my age. I just turned 72, try to take good care of myself and am glad I made it this far.

People usually think I’m a few years younger than I am and frankly, I would rather have them be surprised and think I’m a well preserved 72 than be whispering, “She’s not 67. I went to school with her brother!” Lol.

Honored Contributor

Happy Birthday!!!

No I never needed to lie.  As a matter of fact I would rather people know my real age (66) than tell them I'm 10-15 years younger and have them think, "boy she doesn't look so great for her age".

Instead I get the opposite.  A lot has to do with the way you dress and present yourself.  Plus I no longer have the nice tight jaw line that I had when I was younger and I have some eye puffiness but my hair is still free of gray and is shiny & thick.  So I think I look okay for my age.