Honored Contributor

Re: Anybody hate it when their routine is broken

Yes I have things I do everyday---a very....strict schedule, feeding the boss of the place, my stripey cat, Woman Very Happy but mostly if stuff doesn't get done or I feel lazy, no big deal---have no one but me that is affects! and it seems to get done--not a fan of leaving for days at a time either--like my bed too much---not planning on going anywhere until the state of the world gets back to whatever normal will be. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Retired and live alone....DEFINITELY a homebody.....

I do "cat chores" in the morning for a bunch of feral cats I feed and my own two indoor ones....feeding, clean the pans, clean the pet dishes, clean the pans again...then coffee for ME!!!

I HATE travelling anywhere today. Travel is dirty in my opinion.  People are dirty.

Public rest rooms, door handles, sitting on chairs someone else did, or put thier kid with diapers onto, touching ANYTHING makes my skin crawl.

Shopping carts too....

I am hyper aware of my health, and I think after more than a year of self quarantine, I can do totally without going anywhere. NO ONE will care as much about my health as I do.

Some of my "friends" think I'm crazy...but that's OK. I LIKE being alone. I LIKE quiet. I LIKE my clean home and clean clothes and clean sheets and clean bathroom.

If I even have an appointment (like for teeth cleaning in a few weeks) I get nervous about HAVING to be somewhere. Some things can't be avoided.!!!

Honored Contributor

@Mayflowers wrote:

I am a homebody and love doing my daily routine rituals. I recently had to attend events out of town and am SO thankful to be back at home to my normal routine.  Some don't understand.  Do you like being or the go or staying put?

@Mayflowers  I could have written your post. I too am a "homebody" never travel or sleep anywhere other than my bed. I spend 99% of my time AT HOME. I go to the store for food once a week or maybe once every two weeks...most everything else is ordered on line.  I hate my routine to be changed....I-go to bed about 6pm each night.....up early.

Guess I am boring.  

Frequent Contributor

Mom2Dogs, I always worry that people get bored when they visit me too.  I love to cook and talk but it seems like people need more. Maybe ask them if there is anything in your area or some place nearby that they would like to see.

Frequent Contributor

KCDiva, yes!! I am so much like that too. I loved no expectations for events during the pandemic last year. I felt so relaxed knowing that no one would invite me any place. That sounds horrible to say, but that's just the way I am.
Frequent Contributor

Tomgirl, that is me too. I have cats and dogs and they rule my time and set my schedule. I hate being away even for a quick trip. I retired early and also dread any appointments like doctor or dentist. It is so good to hear about people who are just like me!
Frequent Contributor

SeaMaiden, I have been called boring. But I am not bored at all, EVER. I have my little hobbies and I love my life. I always say I don't chase happiness. I just have it.
Trusted Contributor

I relate to this so much. I'm a total homebody also, both myself and my husband. We love just being at home, doing our things.

I've always just wanted to stay home.

We both have our hobbies and we don't get bored.

It's great.

I love my life.

Love the quiet, it's so calm and relaxing.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mayflowers I so can relate to everything you said!

I see you're relatively new to the boards - welcome!

Just a heads up, when replying to someone's comment, type @, then a list of posters will appear and you can click on the appropriate poster. If you don't do this, the person won't be notified of your reply. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CJC wrote:

Definitely an OCD homebody who dislikes traveling...

Ditto!

I retired from a job that had monthly, quarterly and annual deadlines, which required scheduling and routine responsibilities.

Now, I have a routine, but it's MY routine (LOL) - I relax Monday thru Wednesday, and I do my errands and volunteer at church Thursday thru Sunday.

While I'm definitely a "People Person," I still need my down time, so this "routine" works for me.

The only thing I actually miss about having to quarantine/social distance/avoid crowds is attending the occasional social get-together with friends, and getting my hair styled twice a month.

Re: Travel - I've been every where I wanted to go, so I'm perfectly content at home...

As someone (up thread) said: I don't need outside stimulation or entertainment - I'm 100% at peace with my life and lifestyle. Smiley Wink