Trusted Contributor

Anybody Still Sweatin' To the Oldies??

I usually walk on a treadmill in the gym but the air was out last night, so I put in my Sweatin' 4 and danced with Richard.  I loved Richard Simmons so much; we used to write each other before anybody had internet.  I really miss him.

He had such great shows here on QVC.  Anybody else miss him?  No, he's not dead; there have been such negative rumors on line lately.  Everybody gets old.

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Valued Contributor

Re: Anybody Still Sweatin' To the Oldies??

I never did any of his workouts but I love his energy and positive spirit. 

Esteemed Contributor

I used to go to his studio in Beverly Hills. I stopped when he stopped teaching. I miss him. I still do his work out but not fully like I used too. Sometimes I stop after ten minutes. Figure that is better than nothing.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

@kutira wrote:

I usually walk on a treadmill in the gym but the air was out last night, so I put in my Sweatin' 4 and danced with Richard.  I loved Richard Simmons so much; we used to write each other before anybody had internet.  I really miss him.

He had such great shows here on QVC.  Anybody else miss him?  No, he's not dead; there have been such negative rumors on line lately.  Everybody gets old.

@kutira,

It's sounds like it's time to drop him a line again. I'll bet he'd love it. I have 1 tape and won't part with it, even if I don't use it, since it's got great music on it.  If the spirit speaks to me, I can put it on and move to it!!

Respected Contributor

Read a thread on these boards a month ago and sent for the DVDs:  Miracle Miles with Leslie Sansone.  Many years ago I had her VHS tapes but gave them to a friend because I had just bought an expensive Eliptical machine and joined Curves.

Well, DH uses the Eliptical in bad weather and I finished 1200+ Curves visits.  In one week, I did the Mile One, Two and Three DVDs.  I've done the 4-Mile twice.

It uses great music at varying rates to give you the cardio and high intensity 90-second bits with recovery.  The Miracle Mile Band ( think big chain links ) really work all the different muscles while you are moving through the four basic steps.

I can do a mile in less than 15 minutes---without needing to move furniture out of the way: 4 steps forward and then backward, 2 steps to each side.

A poster recommended viewing the 5 DVDs to be sure they had no defects first as she had to have one replaced.

Two folks, close to my age ( 71 ), tried the workout and found themselves " energized "..... The endorphins kick in and no aches the next day !!!

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

Dance Your Pants Off is my personal favorite and I still do it occasionally.  It is an easy one to follow and the music is great.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Now, you've given me an idea!!  I still have my cd's.  I've been trying to walk but with my knee pain, I can't do it as much or as often as I'd like.  I'm going to pull out those cd's.  Now why didn't I think of that?  Thanks a bunch.

Honored Contributor

Yes, so much so that I replaced the original VHS tapes with DVD versions.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I, too, love Richard and his workout DVDs.   In addition to the ones you mention, I have his Project Hope workout program.  I love his sense of fun.  When I'm down, his DVDs bring a smile.  I, too, wrote to him once and he replied.  I hope he's ok now, and I wish him well.

Trusted Contributor

So glad to hear you all still working out with Richard.  I have all the videos and when the DVDs came out, I got them.  Now, the gym still doesn't have air so I'm still sweatin'--I think I get a better work out with him than just walking.  I just don't have enough room to do a lot of dancing.  Still sweatin'...

hot_flash.gif

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney