Honored Contributor

Re: Any suggestions to stop hair loss?

@mintedrose. ITA to seek medical opinions first. The other suggestions, assuming it’s not a medical condition, are the obvious ones:

1. Less frequent washing

2. More deep conditioning

3. Less blow drying & heat tools

4. Hair dye done often is drying & damaging

Hope that helps. I know it’s a distressing issue. BTW, any new medications or stress in your life?

Super Contributor

1) get bloodwork done to eliminate thyroid, iron etc. issues as the cause

2) take a hair supplement.  I take Phyto's Phytophanere.

3) change shampoos.  Philip Kingsley's website has a lot of good hair loss info on its website under "hair care."  My problem seems to be helped by using Selsun Blue with sulfur.  DHS brand's Zinc shampoo also helps me.  

4) Look into Rogaine for women.  There's a mousse formula.  You have to use it every night forever - but I got used to that and just now do it as part of my routine.

5) Maybe try the Lasermax comb or helmet products.

6) get a trim or cut.

Respected Contributor

@wishmoon   I did follow your suggestion and ordered Biotin from Amazon and it should arrive on Tuesday.  Hopefully it will help to lessen my hair loss.   Thanks.

Respected Contributor

after my wife would shower there would be alot of hair in drain. i bought her hair skin and nails vvitamins and after taking it for a couple weeks theres allmost no hair in drain.

Respected Contributor

@mintedrose

Check the side effects of all medications you are taking.  Some cause hair loss.

Super Contributor

I also use castor oil.   

Honored Contributor

@mintedrose

Do you have any idea what is causing it? Medications? Any life crises in the last few months? If it is caused by a medication you may need to discontinue it to stop the loss.

All sorts of things can cause hair loss. The most important thing I’ve used is Nutrition-Ox Shampoo & Conditioner from Sally’s Beauty Supply. The first time I used it the hair loss stopped with my first use. In more recent years, it has taken longer but it has always helped & the hair loss stopped. New hair growth happened. 

I highly recommend a hair/skin/nails supplement rather than just plain biotin. That will be more of a hair multi-Vitamin with several helpful ingredients rather than just a mega dose of a single ingredient.