Super Contributor

Any suggestions for Thanksgiving dinner in NYC??

Ok, we have decided to take the train into NYC on Thanksgiving morning, see the parade, and have dinner at one of the restaurants there.

Any suggestions on somepleace (resonable) for Thankgsiving dinner?  Everyone place I see is over $100 pp.

Honored Contributor

Re: Any suggestions for Thanksgiving dinner in NYC??

I live in suburban NYC and any place you go will be major money. My suggestion would be to go in early afternoon the Wednesday before and see the balloons being blown up near the Museum of Natural History, Upper West Side, runs along W. 77th and W. 81st streets, between Central Park West and Columbus Avenue (on the grounds of the American Museum of Natural History.

Then we had dinner at BBQ on 72nnd Street and went to the Radio City Christmas show, it was a true NY experience.

PS I got the Christmas show tickets on Goldstar for a fraction of the price and we had great seats.

@qvc chick wrote:

Ok, we have decided to take the train into NYC on Thanksgiving morning, see the parade, and have dinner at one of the restaurants there.

Any suggestions on somepleace (resonable) for Thankgsiving dinner?  Everyone place I see is over $100 pp.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Can you eat on the train? Just doing all that on Thanksgiving would be wonderful. You're so lucky! Pack a picnic and eat your big meal at home another time.

Frequent Contributor

If you do decide to go to the parade, you will have to get there no later than 4 am to secure a prime viewing spot!  Any time later, you might not have the ideal view. 

Honored Contributor

You may want to make reservations for dinner.  I would call Tavern on the Green in Central Park.  I am not from that area but I was told from someone that is in NY all the time that it is worth the visit to the restaurant.  Call to make sure they are open too.  Cat Very Happy  You are going to have so much fun in NY.

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

Oh my gosh, Tavern on the Green is $125 PP !  I was asking for reasonable places to eat dinner at!!

And no, I do not want to eat on the train.  We are looking for a traditional TG dinner.

Esteemed Contributor

Anything nice in NYC on Thanksgiving day will cost top dollar.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

Google Thanksgiving Dinner NYC 2016. I saw some reasonable places.

Esteemed Contributor

The way I see it, enjoy life while you can. As long as you're not using bill money, go into the city and have a ball! Wishing you the best!
"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

I'd do a Google search and start making calls now.  Some places require reservations and you're starting pretty late in the game.