Esteemed Contributor

Any guitar players out there?

I just starting learning to play an electric guitar about 6 weeks ago. It is huge fun! I was just curious if anybody else on these boards plays the electric guitar....? I have MUCH to learn, but it has been fun learning something I never imagined myself doing.

Honored Contributor

Re: Any guitar players out there?

@Goldengate8361 

I worked a little at learning. Even bought 2 electric and 1 steele guitar. Would learn a few frets over time, but I learned my fingers are too short for neck sizes of the guitars I bought. 

Bought 2nd electric because the circumference of the neck was a little smaller, but! Got the steele guitar because it seemed like something that might work better for me.Just couldn't keep myself interested enough to really learn. Stick pretty much to my Cornet and Keyboard now.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

So glad you're enjoying learning the guitar. Now remember, once you start playing you can't stop or you'll lose your callouses.

Esteemed Contributor

Guitar? So cool. Good on ya. Keep it up

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jeanlake Thanks. I had never even held an electric guitar before I ordered one on Amazon in February. It has been a blast! It is so much fun. I have never really been Into music, so I find myself googling names I have never known, like Jeff Beck, Steven Vai, etc. it is really fun to learn something that is completely new.

Super Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

@jeanlake Thanks. I had never even held an electric guitar before I ordered one on Amazon in February. It has been a blast! It is so much fun. I have never really been Into music, so I find myself googling names I have never known, like Jeff Beck, Steven Vai, etc. it is really fun to learn something that is completely new.

kudos to to for going for it @Goldengate8361!👍

Honored Contributor

I have no musical talent at all.  LOL

My DH is a guitar player.  It's amazing to me the way he can listen to a song, pick up his guitar and start playing it.  

Honored Contributor

I play acoustic guitar. I took lessons for a few years when I was in grade school. I used my sister's guitar when I first started. My parents bought me my first guitar for Christmas when they realized I was serious about continuing to play. I've purchased guitars for myself twice. I've been playing for 50 years now. I've played at my church and for my students at school. Always something new to learn. I've never tried electric guitar.