Contributor

Re: Any Recommendations For A Taupe Paint Color?

[ Edited ]

Check out Shiitake and Loggia by Sherwin Williams.

Respected Contributor

@cuddlesmama wrote:

We just stripped all the wallpaper off  in the  sitting room in our house what a job never again will I wallpaper anything. This was a dark maroon. I am now seeing that Taupe paint is everywhere and I am really liking the color seems like a classic color. Anyone have a room painted a taupe color that you love? I am looking for a medium taupe color not a light color as I have white  around my french doors in that room and windows and still want the white not to stand out and not just blend into the room. Thanks !

I have the perfect color for you.  Accessible Beige by Sherwin Williams.  I know it has beige in the name but it's really more of a taupe.  I first used this color in my family room and as we update our house, I've painted the dining room, living room, hallways, powder room and foyer.  I plan on using it when we paint the kitchen and remodel our downstairs bedroom with bathroom.  It's such a great color.  Goes with eveything.  Makes everything look fresh, open, clean and airy.  We used Pure White by Sherwin Williams for the crown molding, trim and wainscotings.  Perfect together.  Makes it all pop!

Valued Contributor

My taupe shade is Chocolate Froth from Behr sold at Home Depot.  When I paint the L.R. again I plan to use the same color again.

Honored Contributor

This is an old thread but I would look at Benjamin Moore and Sherwin Williams.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

We had some wallpaper painted over about six years ago....by a pro....it is now looking terrible by wrinkling along corners or where the seams of the paper are. It's a mess. Hope you have better results.

Trusted Contributor

SW Accessible beige is a warm tone but reads beige/ taupe depending on light

SW Agreeable gray is most popular here right now for remodels and updates....looks cream but reads gray

Respected Contributor

@coconut1818 

I love that color!