Honored Contributor

Re: Any JEEP lovers out there?

We own a '73 Jeep. DH uses it plow our driveway and neighbors. He keeps it running and in perfect shape.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

We love our Jeep as well. Mine is a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, hubby's is an older 2005 Grand Cherokee. We love them and have had Jeeps for our last 3 cars........

Contributor

I had a used Jeep. I loved it ! Then I bought a new Jeep. I went through 2 transmissions in 11/2 years. Then a smell developed. It was making my son and I cough. The dealer couldn't find the problem. We took it to our machanic twice with no luck. The smell got so bad I was having asthma attacks driving. We were told to spray lysol in the vent. Can't do that with asthma, and shouldn't have to do that with a new vehicle. We drove with all windows open in the middle of winter- 20 degrees and turned it in that day.  I still love Jeeps. They will get through any snowstorm!  I'll never get one again I can't take the chance of this happening again. .I have a Chevy now. It doesn't get through snow like the Jeeps do.

Esteemed Contributor

I live in a mountain resort; there are many Jeeps here.  We have never owned a Jeep and probably won't because we put heavy mileage on our cars (except 280 S , date nite only)and good gas mileage is essential.

Honored Contributor

I drive a '97 Jeep Wrangler stick.  Took the back seat out and keep a wind guard in so I only have to heat/cool the now 2-person passenger compartment.  Changed out the zip windows for side windows.  

Would love a new one.  Mine could really use a loving home with a good mechanic which I am certainly not.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

@DiamondSkiBunny 

my sister just purchased the wrangler sahara a few months ago in a gray. she LOVES it! it has all the bells and whistles. she sold a low mileage 3 year old jeep patriot that she really did not like......not big enough for her. she is a JEEP fan for sure.

@sunshine45 , @DiamondSkiBunny 

I must be your sisterWoman LOL

I traded in my Patriot that was just to small ( I was use to a Jeep Commander) and got a Sahara..I LOVE IT!!

We are a Jeep Family for sure..My daughter and I both have a Sahara, my Son has a 2 door Wrangler, my husband has a Rubicon, and my son in law has a Grand Cherokee (their family Jeep).

Honored Contributor

I've owned a CJ5, a CJ7 (the last group to roll off the assembly line in December before the Wrangler took over); still own the CJ7.

Purchase the Jeep Liberty with rivets and deer lights (flood lights) when it was introduced; received the first one in the state with 1.5 miles on it. Guys would ask me all the time if it was a custom job, lol. Still have it as well. 

Jeep went through some bad times due to ownership issues. Have to say, no complaint with what I've owned/own. 

Trusted Contributor

We own a 2018 Jeep Sarah unlimited 4-door. It's the Chief Blue color and we love it, put a lift on and special tires and it's good to go. We love it the quality I agree is amazing and our interior is first class. These are really nice luxury SUV's. Couldn't be happier with our purchase.