Honored Contributor

Re: Any Human Resources experts here?

Maybe, she left because the job wasn't what she thought it was.  I know someone who did that.  She said it wasn't anything like what had been described by the person who hired her.  

Quite angry about it, she said what else did and will they lie about.  

Esteemed Contributor

@RinaRina 

Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree with the others who say that you are not entitled to an explanation.

You do not have a right to know why she left. That is private business that does not concern you.

You do not deserve an explanation as to why she left, nor are you "owed" one.

You do not need to go sticking your nose where it doesn't belong.

If management felt that you needed to know why the person left, they would have told you why.

The fact that they didn't,  is a clear indication that the reason why she left is NONE of your business.

Sound like you just want the "dirt" on this woman, just so you can gossip about her.

Mind your own business, and concentrate on your own job.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@software wrote:

I've left without  notice a couple of times in the past with no negative consequences.

Thinking like a boss,, if someone didn't want to work for me, why make them stay 2 weeks.  2 weeks is not enough time to find a replacement, then THEY have to give notice?

When I retired, I gave 2 MONTHS notice.   Still didn't have my replacement.  They asked me to stay.  I laughed hysterically.

In any case where someone left "suddenly" is was usually because they were caught doing something against the rules.    

To speculate is office gossip, don't be a victim

@software   I think saying that when someone left is because they were caught doing something against the rules is also gossip so I agree with you that employees should not care.  The person is not there.  They will never be there and it does not matter why they left to the work force --- they are gone....period point blank.  Get over it and get on with your work.

Get over it?    I'm not the one gossiping.  I'm retired, really could care less about office dynamics

Trusted Contributor

Since she sent out an email she didn't get fired. You don't get to send a goodbye email when you're getting booted out the door. So I'd assume she quit, she might even have given notce, and when the time came she told people what to do. You're saying people should have told you but she did tell you. You just want the details which are really none of your concern. At best if you had any question you go to the person she told you to start sending questions to, ask if that is correct, and go about your business.

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

What I find interesting was that after only 2 weeks she sent you an email specifically asking that you forward your issues to someone else.  How many issues did you bring up to her in those 2 weeks?

@RinaRina , when someone accepts a job in management, they 'inherit' whatever crew/staff is already there. I've worked with lousy management, but lousy doesn't begin to describe some of the poorly performing staff in departments I've taken on.

If the former supervision was as horrible as you say, it's quite possible the new hire walked into a chaotic situation where long term employees set and met only their own sub-par standards, and enforcement of employment policies was erratic at best.

It's possible the new hire was given goals she felt she wasn't equipped to meet, or entrenched staff situations she wasn't prepared to tackle.

To paraphrase @CrazyDaisy , how much chaos did you dump in her lap in those two weeks?

QVC Customer Care

Respected Contributor

She was either fired and told to leave OR she had another job offer!

Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@manny2 wrote:

I can't believe how judgemental some of these posts are. It is human nature to be curious if a co-worker suddenly disappears. @RinaRina she was still in the probation period, so if it doesn't work out for either side there is no need to give notice. Don't worry it will come out, because there is no confidentiality in the work place. Anybody who thinks there is better think again, because everything comes out. 

@manny2, of course it is human nature to be curious, but that's a far cry saying that you have the right to know.

@suzyQ3 I don't see where she said she had right to know. I think you need to read the post, and stay focused on what the OP is saying. She is curious as most of us would be.

Honored Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@manny2 wrote:

I can't believe how judgemental some of these posts are. It is human nature to be curious if a co-worker suddenly disappears. @RinaRina she was still in the probation period, so if it doesn't work out for either side there is no need to give notice. Don't worry it will come out, because there is no confidentiality in the work place. Anybody who thinks there is better think again, because everything comes out. 

@manny2, of course it is human nature to be curious, but that's a far cry saying that you have the right to know.

@suzyQ3 I don't see where she said she had right to know. I think you need to read the post, and stay focused on what the OP is saying. She is curious as most of us would be.

@manny2, while the OP didn't use the words "right to know," I think it was implicit in all of her posts here.

BTW, I was not referring to any legal responsibility.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland