Esteemed Contributor

Another young women dies from the FLu

OMG just heard on CNN that a young healthy women was sent home .. only to die the next day after having chest pains and very high fever. Why did the hospital intern send her home and not admit her? Very scary that the shot is only 30 percent effective if that. Woman Surprised

Honored Contributor

Re: Another young women dies from the FLu

This is very sad and all those that have died, just heartbreaking!!!

What on earth can anyone do to avoid this deadly flu??

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

This indeed is very scary and tragic. So sad and sorry for the friends and families affected. Are the deaths spread across the USA or in certain areas? Prayers for everyone in the health industry to get this flu epidemic under control very soon. What a year. First we couldn't get a handle on the weather and now the flu. Truly scary times in our country.

Honored Contributor

This morning they said that the shot is only 17% effective.  Makes one want to hunker down at home until the flu season ends.

Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

They said to wash your hands , stay clear of crowds of  people, I saw someone in the supermarket wearing a mask. They did say that the theraflu some children and adults are given  when leaving a doctors visit might be causing a  problem  because they say that this medicine maybe causing some patients immune system to fight against this strain of the flu .. I carry purell with me and use it very often. 

Esteemed Contributor

Now it is spreading here in NJ where I live. Horrible.

Honored Contributor

The average number of people who die from the flu in the US in any given year is about 22,000 people, but up to 49,000 have died in a single year.

There is nothing we can do as the flu vaccine has never been fully effective.  Big pharma needs to go back to the drawing board and come up with something better. They are making big bucks and giving people false hope.

How long are we going to continue getting the vaccine while being told “well, it’s better than nothing...it might be somewhat effective?” 

Until they find something that is effective, we will have people die form the flu and complications from it.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

They said to wash your hands , stay clear of crowds of  people, I saw someone in the supermarket wearing a mask. They did say that the theraflu some children and adults are given  when leaving a doctors visit might be causing a  problem  because they say that this medicine maybe causing some patients immune system to fight against this strain of the flu .. I carry purell with me and use it very often. 

@apple1964 Is it Tamiflu or theraflu?

Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

@apple1964 Is it Tamiflu or theraflu?

I heard on CNN that it is theraflu.

Honored Contributor

These reports of ‘healthy’ people being stricken with the flu,

in my opinion, are misleading.   It’s not like someone walks out 

of a yoga class & automatically dies of flu out in the parking lot.

The woman in this thread went to the hospital when she had

trouble breathing. Articles also implied she had lots of stress

in her life.  Add all that & maybe have diabetes and/or

heart disease, the body will break down quickly.

“But young children and people who have an underlying illness,

such as heart disease, lung disease or diabetes, are susceptible

to dying from the flu as well, he said.”

IMO, it’s not as innocently random as everyone is implying.