Honored Contributor

Re: Another week has just zipped by.

I know this morning while locking my front door at 6:30 a.m. I felt like I was running out of time.  I was on my way this am before work to hit Wal-Mart then our local grocery store.  So blessed to have a full size fridge in my office with just my employer and myself to share it.  Get some errands over early.   Next weekend is Easter then week end after that my Grandson is due.  I feel like there so much to get done and being on call to race to the hospital but it is so fun.............  Still I am afraid he is going to show up on April 1st instead of April 8th and say I am not a "Liam" I am a "Lisa." 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Trusted Contributor

@blackhole99wrote:

I think the flys when you are retired because now you can do anything or nothing. My husband and I had a very early dental appointment last week and had to get up at 6am to make it. We were so tired when we got home at 10am we went back to bed and slept for another 4 hours. We would never have done that a few years ago.

@blackhole99 You hit the nail on the head. In retirement now we have the time to do what we want, but not the energy to do it. Lol! That’s the part that can be frustrating at times. I’ve learned to adjust my lofty goals and try and be happy that I got up.😀 Thankfully I have found other interests to replace the things I loved and can no longer do. To all of you who are retired and still have energy to burn, we live vicariously through you every time you go for a run, long hike or skiing vacation. Enjoy your truly active retirement!🎿⛷🧗‍♀️🚴‍♂️🏇

Honored Contributor

I will say that once we joined some organizations that we enjoy and started to volunteer we find the time feels more normal - more like when we were working. I think it is because our lives are structured again. 

Honored Contributor

I can relate to that; I am not retired but I took 8 weeks off after my knee replacement surgery and the days just blended into each other.  I suppose, since I wasn't in a scheduled I had no reason to keep track of the days.  I knew it was Saturday because hubby didn't get up and go to work.  Every day was the same for me.  As much as I grumble about the volume of work and schedules and deadlines and my coworkers....and I do.   I know what's on the other side of the fence and it's not pretty...lol