Esteemed Contributor

Another Haboob is on its way. Arizona readers

Another haboob is currently in the southeast valley. Queen Creek, San Tan etc. another day, another dust storm.

Honored Contributor

Re: Another Haboob is on its way. Arizona readers

Mother Nature surely knows how to pile on the misery in Arizona.  I wonder what factors generate haboobs?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Over here in Glendale, yesterday was something but we need the rain. My daughter lost a tree but no house damage. Next few days will be pop up showers. 

Respected Contributor

I LOVE the haboobs and monsoons! Robot LOL

When the rain started awhile ago, I jumped in my car and drove over to the park & parked for awhile.

Free car wash, & after yesterday it sure needed it! Smiley Happy

Muddling through...
Respected Contributor

I kind of like the storms. It’s usually calm and sunny first part of the day then stormy afternoon and evening, where I’m located.

Respected Contributor

I like them as long as I'm at home and looking out.  Today I decided to run an errand around 4pm and as soon as I went into the garage and heard the wind I thought "not again".  But I went ahead and ran the errand.  Overall, the storm was much less intense than yesterday. 

Honored Contributor

@Azcowgirl.    That's the Southwest for you; the heat of the day generates storms.  In the mountains you can almost set your watch by the time the afternoon storms occur.  We have the same here in NM.  We don't have dust storms with them, however, and just small, pea-sized hail occasionally

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Mother Nature surely knows how to pile on the misery in Arizona.  I wonder what factors generate haboobs?

When we get monsoon storms here in Tucson, the outflow & downdraft of the winds want to travel downhill.  Since Tucson is a higher elevation than the Phoenix metro area, the wind travels north towards Phoenix across open desert & fallow agricultural land & picks up the dust & dirt & throws it at Maricopa County.

Esteemed Contributor

Daughter lives in Gilbert - will call her. We talk every Thursday, may call a day early. Thank you.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

These can give one Valley Fever. (dogs too) It's a life long health issue for some.