Trusted Contributor

Normally I can tune out the people and noises coming from the offices surrounding me.  But today for some reason it all seemed really loud and annoying!  LOL!  There is Miss gum-popper across the corridor.   Pop pop pop, all day long.  In between the gum popping, she has a daily call to her “pa pa” and yells at him in French.

The guy next to the popper lady has this little ditty that he whistles many times throughout the day.  The same little tune, over and over.  Then there is the guy who eats soup EVERY DAY and slurps it so loud!  Sounds like he’s going to drown from slurping!  Then there is the area admin that is a crank pot to everyone that talks to her.  She also doesn’t know that there is a volume control for the ringer on her personal phone that rings all day.   How about that mail cart that really needs some WD40 on those squeaky wheels?  And wait, it must be 2 o’clock because that’s when Jim burns the microwave popcorn every day for his snack.

I think what did me in though was the guy right next to my office.  He was playing music very softly, but the bass setting was on the highest level so I felt the vibrations coming through the walls.  “Boom, da boom boom” all day long!  Made me think of that Meghan Trainor song, All About The Bass!

Don’t know why I found all of this particularly annoying today.  Maybe I need a vacation.  But it made me wonder what I do that annoys all of them!  LOL!  What do YOU do that bugs people?  Please, keep this light-hearted for fun!

Smiley Wink  ~LdyBugz

Esteemed Contributor

Time for you to take a hot shower - followed by a ****** of warm brandy.  You deserve it and you'll sleep like a meow!

Esteemed Contributor

.........****** of warm brandy.   Is '******' a bad word?

Valued Contributor

I thank GOD I am retired because those are the very sounds that literally drove me up a wall, especially gum popping. I refuse , refuse to listen to people doing that, it is rude beyond words. I feel sorry for you, get some noise cancelling headphones if you can or have a talk with your boss, or ask to get moved if it disturbs your ability to focus. Dont feel that you are being touchy, those are annoying sounds!

Esteemed Contributor

N............I.......P     (try again - guess it is a bad word - who knew.

Trusted Contributor

@fthunt  I like that idea!  Maybe I should take some brandy into the office, too!  (kidding!)

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

N............I.......P     (try again - guess it is a bad word - who knew.

Whenever the expression "t i t for tat" is typed anywhere on the forums, the first word is ***'d.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Trusted Contributor

@blankette It's all good.  I was just having one of those days.  This sort of stuff doesn't usually bug me, except today for some reason. 

Valued Contributor

Some days I think we are more to sensitive sounds because we are tired, or stressed, any number of reasons, but it might be good to keep those little foam ear plugs in your desk for days like today.

Respected Contributor

Yep, I remember all that, along with the lady who burned candles and filled the place with smoke which kicked up my asthma and she played her radio so loud I could hear it 15 ft away.  It's hard for me to concentrate while listening to The Monkees.  The guy down a ways that clears phlegm.  The microwave and fridge were in the cubicle next to my desk.  People going in there all day long.  My boss kept a bottle of Pepsi that he had to take a big drink out of right from the bottle every 15 minutes, and then slam the fridge door.  People would leave food in there and when the door opened it stunk.  So I cleaned out the fridge and threw stuff away that was old enough to vote, and then I got in trouble for tossing stuff.  My cubicle was the first office when entering from the front door, so of course everyone had to look at me as they passed by.  Constant traffic. 

I'm so glad to be out of there.  I loved my job, the people not so much.

Oh yeah, one summer a colony of bats somehow got into our old building and came down through the vents in the ceiling.  It's hard to concentrate when you have to duck to avoid a flying bat.

Yeah Retirement!