Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

How old  is sweet Annabelle? Just wondered...love her stories!

@SeaMaiden  she's always told us her age but I don't remember the exact age. I know she's in her 70's.

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG 

Thank you for the update. It is always hard to hear of, or see a good friend or loved one, have to endure so much pain. Was good to hear you say she "seems a touch better". 

Myself along with so many others are sending thoughts and their prayers to and for her. I really hope she continues to improve as each day goes by.  🙏

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn 

I would imagine (know) you know a lot more than I.

Very fearful it is going to be a long haul, it's so serious. 

I worry about her and know she has daughters and grand daughters who are likely there.  She's lucky in a lot of ways.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Annibelle 4/24

[ Edited ]

@ECBG wrote:

@hckynutjohn 

I would imagine (know) you know a lot more than I.

Very fearful it is going to be a long haul, it's so serious. 

I worry about her and know she has daughters and grand daughters who are likely there.  She's lucky in a lot of ways.

@ECBG  I believe that her family will also hire a Home Health care Nurse (depends on where you live, it could be a different name) and the insurance co might also send a nurse a few days a week for about an hour to check on her. All she has to do is Listen, Obey and Relax and don't be afraid to say I'm hurting.

Occupational therapy may also be done at home until she is strong enough to go out.  It's good that she can keep in touch. I can hear her telling the nurses and Doctors about us. She might even get them to send a text to let us know she's ok.

Honored Contributor

@Sage04 

I doubt she will tell the doctors about us.  They have many patients to see and an office to get back to.  I'll bet someone there is writing down instructions and making sure she does the right things.

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Sage04 

I doubt she will tell the doctors about us.  They have many patients to see and an office to get back to.  I'll bet someone there is writing down instructions and making sure she does the right things.

@ECBG  I meant this all in fun so don't take it too seriously. Annabelle loves to talk to people and if she's talking they will know she's doing better.

Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn 

I hope you are healing, and heading home soon!

Sending Good Wishes to you and yours.

🌼

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@ECBG Thanks so much for keeping all of us updated! Continuing prayers for Annabelle...

Esteemed Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@hckynutjohn 

I hope you are healing, and heading home soon!

Sending Good Wishes to you and yours.

@Drythe 

Thank you. I came home over the weekend. Pretty much tethered to my recliner/leg elevated/sometimes wrapped/always a 360° ice bag wrapped around it. Am healing and it is going to be awhile. Have had lots of injuries, but never a hematoma so big in my upper leg. 

Thank you for caring, 

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Re: Annibelle 4/24

[ Edited ]

@hckynutjohn 

Glad to hear you are home!

I made a crazy fall a few years ago, landed on my back hard, with R thigh landing on iron edging we use to hold gravel in walkways.

Had a hematoma on thigh DH could not cover with both hands!  I healed OK, but can still feel 5" long slight dip in thigh muscle from loss of muscle mass.  I know you will make a much better recovery!

DH refers to it as Drythe v/s wheelie bin!  I lost that one.

Good Wishes to y'all.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras