Trusted Contributor

Re: Annabelle Update 5/16/22

Praying for her recovery🙏🙏

Jessa
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the update.  It seems like it will be a slow recovery.  Still on my prayer list.

Respected Contributor

you have the money,  put in a ramp, add a railing.  May not fit your "esthetic" . don't be a dope like my mother. now she really really needs one and there are no small job carpenters to be found. they are off fetching $75 - $100 per hour on custom Hamptons home builds.

Esteemed Contributor

@CatsyCline wrote:

you have the money,  put in a ramp, add a railing.  May not fit your "esthetic" . don't be a dope like my mother. now she really really needs one and there are no small job carpenters to be found. they are off fetching $75 - $100 per hour on custom Hamptons home builds.

@CatsyCline 

I have no idea who you are addressing this "you have money" post. And then you throw in what you think Skilled Workers are doing, and how much they make!

And this has what to do with Annabelle's recovery? Ya lost me on this one.

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@CatsyCline wrote:

@CatsyCline 

I have no idea who you are addressing this "you have money" post. And then you throw in what you think Skilled Workers are doing, and how much they make!

And this has what to do with Annabelle's recovery? Ya lost me on this one.

hckynut  🇺🇸

@hckynutjohn   my mother needs to have a ramp because the stairs are too much for her now.  it's impossible to get a carpenter for a small job in her area. carpenters earn high wages in a very high COL area!! $$$$ megabucks.   they don't need or want small jobs.

Some who may have mobility challenges  may want to put in a ramp. people who seem to have resources.  thats all

Honored Contributor

@CatsyCline 

Try Angie's List, where you live.  Many people want side jobs and they have references.

Respected Contributor

@ECBG Thank you for posting the update.  I'm happy to read that Annabelle has had some improvement!  Good news! I know there is a ways to go, but the road to recovery begins with the first steps. Optimistic for her full recovery. Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Maybe it's just me but I find myself becoming a little shakey when it comes to steps with no bannister.  Some of the sports or entertainment arenas especially cause anxiety the higher I get on the stairs with nothing to hold onto ...  not sure what I can do about it except avoid the situation that scares me !!  

Respected Contributor

I wish her well and hope she progresses quickly.

Honored Contributor

@Pantsonfire2 

I don't think it's "just you" wanting steps.  I always use a handrail with my sciatic nerve to take a little pressure off.  

I don't feel good using steps without a handrail.