Honored Contributor

I got a brief text from our Annabelle.

She can walk about 5 feet and often forgets her cane.

She fell down  a set of 4 curved brick steps and a flat brick platform at the bottom which is step height.

Her legs were entirely bruised black and blue and she had an egg sized knot on the back of her head.

She is going to have railings put on the steps.

Her next appointment is the first week of July.

Respected Contributor

Re: Annabelle Update 5/16/22

@ECBG , did she fall again because she wasn't using her cane or were you just going back over the original fall? Maybe it's just me, but I'm not sure what you meant. Anyhow, glad she is up and about. Also glad she's getting rails on her porch.

Honored Contributor

@catter70 wrote:

@ECBG , did she fall again because she wasn't using her cane or were you just going back over the original fall? Maybe it's just me, but I'm not sure what you meant. Anyhow, glad she is up and about. Also glad she's getting rails on her porch.

@catter70 

No.  She had that one tumble down the front door steps.

I am getting more info now that she can more easily text.

The cane is new since the fall.

Honored Contributor

@catter70 wrote:

@catter70 : I was trying to read the post again because I was confused and thinking she had another fall. Just me but my opinion: Rebuild the porch with a ramp. But some people are more concerned on how something looks instead of safety. Family has money and something could be custom design.

Respected Contributor

@ECBG , thanks for clearing that up. I was hoping she hadn't fallen again. And thanks for all the updates. Still praying for her full recovery.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@catter70 wrote:

@catter70 

No.  She had that one tumble down the front door steps.

I am getting more info now that she can more easily text.

The cane is new since the fall.

@ECBG : She probably really needs one of the up right (standing up and not bent over) walker for better safety and security. Insurance doesn't pay for them . I purchased a nice one about three years ago for $375. My best investment to keep me safe and mobile.

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

@catter70 wrote:

@catter70 : I was trying to read the post again because I was confused and thinking she had another fall. Just me but my opinion: Rebuild the porch with a ramp. But some people are more concerned on how something looks instead of safety. Family has money and something could be custom design.

@SouthernBee 

There is no way to put a ramp in this case.  There isn't a front "porch". 

There are 4 curved front steps in brick and a brick landing about 7 inches high at the very bottom. 

The only addition possible would be a railing.

Honored Contributor

@catter70 @ECBG    Echoing catter70 here.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee 

Thank you.  I'll pass that along.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the update and clarification on the original fall @ECBG.  I am sure that Annabelle and her family will consider their options and make the right decisions for them.  

I continue to send prayers for recovery and comfort to our Annabellthecat and wish her all the best.  I also appreciate your diligence in passing along info to us @ECBG.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.