Respected Contributor

Animated Avatar on New Boards?

I have registered on the new boards, mellyg.proboards dot com. I have the same name, signature and avatar! Is there a way to have the avatar be animated? Mine is animated here but on the new board shows up as a still. No big deal, just like the animated better! TIA!Smiley Happy

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Respected Contributor

Re: Animated Avatar on New Boards?

@Starpolisher, They have not refined that yet. Animated graphics etc. works well there. They are still working on the basic set up. Once that is done then the parameters will be addressed. If you check out some of the other forums you will see.

Honored Contributor

@tiny 2 wrote:

@Starpolisher, They have not refined that yet. Animated graphics etc. works well there. They are still working on the basic set up. Once that is done then the parameters will be addressed. If you check out some of the other forums you will see.

Animated/Schmamatied! I can't post any avatar because my choices are all to big and I have no idea how fix that. 

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Starpolisher wrote:

I have registered on the new boards, mellyg.proboards dot com. I have the same name, signature and avatar! Is there a way to have the avatar be animated? Mine is animated here but on the new board shows up as a still. No big deal, just like the animated better! TIA!Smiley Happy

I have an animated avatar over there. There must be something wrong with your picture because mine works. @Starpolisher 

@suzyQ3  How big of a picture are you trying to use? Just reduce the size of it until it works. If you don't know how to do that post it here and I'll reduce it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 - I had a similar issue.  I wanted to use an image I found on the internet, but couldn't figure out how to reduce the size.

So I ended up using one of my own photos and cropped that to the permissible size (just by opening the photo and clicking on edit, then dragging the edges inwards).

I couldn't figure out how to use my current avatar from here!

ETA:  Did you keep your existing nickname on the new forum?  I don't see you listed there.

Honored Contributor

@BoopOMatic wrote:

@Starpolisher wrote:

I have an animated avatar over there. There must be something wrong with your picture because mine works. @Starpolisher 

@suzyQ3  How big of a picture are you trying to use? Just reduce the size of it until it works. If you don't know how to do that post it here and I'll reduce it.

@BoopOMatic, thanks so much. I think my better half can do that for me. If he fails, I'll be back here. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@suzyQ3 - I had a similar issue.  I wanted to use an image I found on the internet, but couldn't figure out how to reduce the size.

So I ended up using one of my own photos and cropped that to the permissible size (just by opening the photo and clicking on edit, then dragging the edges inwards).

I couldn't figure out how to use my current avatar from here!

ETA:  Did you keep your existing nickname on the new forum?  I don't see you listed there.

@Venezia, funny but I was able to stick in a temporary pic from online, whereas my own pic was too big. 

I think that you know now that I simplied my nic over there to "suzy."

Honored Contributor

I think most image viewing software has the option to adjust the size without having to crop the photo.  I'm on a Mac, so I use it's default image viewer Preview.  Under Tools there's an adjust size.  Mine has an option to keep the height/width tied so that it doesn't get wonky when you start changing the numbers and I just adjust either the height or width number lower until I see that the file size is below the maximum for the site.  

I had to do this with EVERY photo that I uploaded here on the Q boards.

Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 @BoopOMatic 

I would appreciated if you could help me with my avatar. It's the same one I use here but I can't make it move on the new boards. How can you tell if it's too big? and where does it say to reduce it? This is it. Thank you both!

star-painter-angel-stars.gif

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]