Honored Contributor

Re: Anderson Cooper and Howard Stern Interview on CNN

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

I've always liked him and have always thought he was very intelligent. I'm surprised that people find his intelligence and depth surprising.

@Goldengate8361 

Well, as I admitted, I never listened to his show on radio and didnt even know he had an HBO show.  My girls used to tell me that, but I never believed them.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

I've  been a fan since his earliest days.  I listened to him on my commute to work every day.  I knew there was exceptional intelligence there along with his wild and crazy antics.

I missed the first half of that show last night and I'm going to hunt for it on demand.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

I've  been a fan since his earliest days.  I listened to him on my commute to work every day.  I knew there was exceptional intelligence there along with his wild and crazy antics.

I missed the first half of that show last night and I'm going to hunt for it on demand.

@RoughDraft 

Dont miss the first half, it was the better part and not all the commercials.  Yes, absolutely you wouldn’t get the real gist of the interview if you don’t see the first part.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Trusted Contributor

Not crazy about either man, but interesting to know what drives people.

Honored Contributor

Though I find a lot of what he says objectionable it was never a question in my mind that he was intelligent. Most tormented souls are. I wish him well on his path to healing and don’t forget to buy his book!😉

Honored Contributor

Not a fan ot either one.

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I'm watching it now on YouTube.  Definitely an excellent conversation.

I just finished Bruce Springsteen's autobiography and he has been in therapy for 25+ years.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

@LilacTree @VaBelle35 @ID2 @GenXmuse @Chicagosuburbangirl  I saw and heard the interview.  I am a fan of Howard, but I do not really think he has changed.  He used interview as a scheme to promote his book.  And Anderson spoke of his book as well.  Both are taken with themselves.

Respected Contributor

@LilacTree 

I felt exactly the same way you did.

I never liked Howard Stern, but this interview really showed a different side of him.

I enjoyed watching it.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Honored Contributor

When Private Parts (the movie) came out, he told everyone his radio personality was a character he was playing and the movie was his true self.

He keeps you guessing and it keeps you interested.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN