Frequent Contributor

Re: An honest question for e-bay sellers

[ Edited ]

Funny thing, the listing is from Beverly Hills Ca. I used to sell QVC returns in around 2002. Many of the items come that way, all wrinkled and in a ball.

Respected Contributor

@kitcat51  I don't sell on eBay but I do shop there often.  I can only imagine how difficult people can be and how much patience it must take to have a shop.  

I always check the feedback and it really shows how petty some people can be.  They'll give someone a negative review because the item arrived late due to a shipping issue that was out of the control of the seller.  

Many of these buyers will randomly give negative reviews not even considering what you are doing to someone's reputation on eBay.  

I've bought for years and with only one exception that was resolved by communication with the seller I've never had any issues.  

I shop both eBay and Etsy and I've found so many unique items that I probably wouldn't have found in my local shops.

Honored Contributor

Why, oh why does it bother you?

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Heres why: I have never seen anything so wrinkled for sale on E-Bay. Of course,I have never even looked or bought clothing on E-Bay. I just wondered if this was a usual thing.

Not a biggie,just curious.

Contributor

amen to that!  I hear you.  I still sell on eBay, but I, like you I am running out of patience.  I started selling back in 2002...it was wonderful then.  My clothing items sold well,  I always iron and make my clothes look as nice as possible.  Today...I can hardly get $3.99 for a top or pants or a sweater never worn with the tags still on them. People want stuff for next to nothing and don't want to pay for shipping either!

Contributor

good Lord---the lady was just asking a question!!

Honored Contributor

@kitcat51 wrote:

Ebay makes it easy to ask the seller a question so ask them if you want to know @Group 5 minus 1. I sold on Ebay for 8 years with all positive feedback & here's 1 of the items I sold....Listing title: Handmade Quilt in EC, Printed Cotton Feedsacks in Light To Dark Blues, Dated 1923, Not Signed, Size 92x106 & I added more details in the Description with lots of pictures. Here's the questions I got...Is it handmade or machine made? Condition? What color is it? What's the size? Is it signed? Is it dated? Will it fit my bed? with no bed size included, LOL! You definitely need patience & a sense of humor to sell on Ebay, I ran out of both.

buyers never read listings,  

and some sellers never give any info