Respected Contributor

Re: An artist’s tribute to the late Princess Diana

I just noticed the size of MM's arm, wrist and hand clasping Kate's lol

Trusted Contributor

I saw this, and many of the others by this computer graphic artist on Snapchat. Tracings of individual portraits, merged to include Princess Diana's. In the clouding out certain features to create this illusion with the ethereal type background, she failed to then fill in Meghan's arm and hand. She over-broadened Kate's jaw line, making her appear more masculine. She didn't bother to change the shadowing from the originals, so those are all off in this compilation. As @dooBdoo said, there is no depth to give dimension either. 

I can appreciate the sentiment. I know of those who are including late relatives in recent family portraits through digital imaging. It's not to my personal taste, but to each their own.

If the artist is indeed donating the proceeds from these works she's sold to UNICEF, that would be something Diana likely would have approved of, though who can safely speculate? I don't really like the idea of anyone exploiting someone else's image for profit, without their permission - be they living or deceased.....but, it's the way of the world now, it seems. 

Trusted Contributor

@dex wrote:

Sag that princess Di could not be here to see how her beautiful family has grown.Imagine she would have been the best gma ever.She was a great mom.

Yes, it's just so very sad. 😢

Diana would have been there at both weddings, beaming- radiant as she ever was, though aging gracefully. Then standing behind her grown sons, their lovely wives and beautiful grandchildren in a real family portrait. So proud of them all. Rather than reduced to this, thoughtful, I'm sure.. but pretty poorly crafted photoshopped montage. 

Each were though, such gorgeous brides. ❤️❤️❤️