Respected Contributor

Re: An artist’s tribute to the late Princess Diana

So sweet and touching.

Trusted Contributor

BEAUTIFUL IN EVERY WAY.

Thank you @butterfly123 for sharing this with all of us.  Your a gem.

Respected Contributor

What a beautiful picture! 

Trusted Contributor

I think it's a bit creepy

Honored Contributor

I love it and just emailed it to my son who ended up watching from the beginning the royal wedding coverage before daylight.  My grandson is only a month old right now and my son got up with him that morning and that was what was on t.v.  So after getting Liam taken care of he went and woke up my 3 year old granddaughter and they watched together while my DDL slept for a change.  He told me all this at Memorial Day lunch so I could not resist emailing the photo for his "scrapbook",  HA! HA!.  Seriously, I love the photo and thank you for sharing @butterfly123

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

Just doesn't look like Princess Di. 

@ID2I agree it doesn't capture the light Diana had, but it would take quite an artist to be truly able to recreate her on canvas.

Honored Contributor

I'm just going to say that's dumb...lol

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

Somewhat off topic - I always thought Diana's wedding dress was gosh awful. It was huge and it definitely wore her not she wore it. She had such fabulous taste I always wondered what possessed her to get that dress.

@151949.  I love Diana's wedding dress.  It was high style for the era in which she married.  She needed a large, outstanding, ball gown type of dress or she would have gotten lost in the vastness of Westminister Abbey.  A dress like Meghan wore would not have been appropriate for the venue.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree

LOL

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@151949 wrote:

Somewhat off topic - I always thought Diana's wedding dress was gosh awful. It was huge and it definitely wore her not she wore it. She had such fabulous taste I always wondered what possessed her to get that dress.

@151949.  I love Diana's wedding dress.  It was high style for the era in which she married.  She needed a large, outstanding, ball gown type of dress or she would have gotten lost in the vastness of Westminister Abbey.  A dress like Meghan wore would not have been appropriate for the venue.

Diana's dress made her look like a gigantic cupcake, but that was well and good because, being only 19, she could carry off a fairy princess dress like that.  Meghan, as an older bride, looked stunning in her sleek modern gown which was approriate for a second marriage to royalty.  Kate's lovely "Grace Kelly" gown was just right for her status as wife of the future king -- all lace and tradition.  Each of these brides chose well.