Esteemed Contributor

I appreciate yo ur thoughts but I will not go to a rest home or whatever you call it. I wash and dry my own clothes, dishwasher I have and only have to put away. My cats get fed. I take out the garbage cans on Mondays. Write my own checks for utilities etc. The only time I would need another home would be if I was serious sick. Those places are very expensive. To get rid of everything in my house would be the hardest of chores. And worst of all to let go of my cats. I just want someone to hear or explain what I hear. Again thank each of you for answering.

Esteemed Contributor

Why not do a test tonight?  Turn the thermostats and heater to OFF and see if the noise goes away.  Have you ever tried that?  That will prove if that is the source.

Esteemed Contributor

@halfpint1  Do you have tinnitis?  I often hear something that sounds like air moving and it comes and goes.  I have had it for years, or at least since my fall, which has been 6 years.  If it bothers you, see your doctor.  Sometimes I put warm compresses on my ears and it seems to help.

I am with you as far as not leaving my home.  

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

@halfpint1  Do you have tinnitis?  I often hear something that sounds like air moving and it comes and goes.  I have had it for years, or at least since my fall, which has been 6 years.  If it bothers you, see your doctor.  Sometimes I put warm compresses on my ears and it seems to help.

I am with you as far as not leaving my home.  

@SXMGirl   She doesn't have tinnitis.  She only hears the noises at home.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@halfpint1 

Have you considered getting a roommate, so you can split costs and have some company?

Esteemed Contributor

Here I go - sticking my neck out for the 'world' to see.  .  From limited reading of your postings - you hear a noise in your furnace?   Just your furnace?  If not the furnace then I don't have enough detail about your problem.

So my experience.........all of a sudden I was hearing a banging when the furnace called for additional heat..........long story short ..........I had the Heating A/C company (who has been our primary service for 30 years)  come to the house 3 times - and, of course, the darn furnace refused to 'act up' while they were here.  3 months I heard the sound - now for the last 3-4 months = no banging.  They assured me it wasn't going to blow up...........

Years ago the pipes banged when A/C came on - I had the ducts cleaned and pipes tightened and that solved the problem.

In winter - sometimes moisture builds up in the exit pipe when condensation is released from the furnace to the out of doors.   It evaporates over time.

Like I said:  I don't have much information about what you're hearing that scares you.  Perhaps you'd like to re-post details again.

I agree - you don't need a senior citizen facility - you've got your facilities - but living alone with strange new noise does jitter one's nerves....it did mine!

Keep in touch - perhaps we can figure this out.

Honored Contributor

People have checked out the noise she hears , no one hears it,   she is the only one that can hear it, we have talked to her time and time again, she refuses to admit it is in her head.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

I take a walk if it is not rainy every day. I also take my meds faithfully. If you do not know I also collect recycleables on my walk. I have a grocery cart to push. I do not need someone to watch over me. I just miss talking to someone and that is why I come here.

Esteemed Contributor

It is good to hear you are being consistent with the medicine.  It does a take few weeks to kick in.

Someone is always here to chat too.

Esteemed Contributor

No one mentioned tinnitis. I had a test and don't hear everything.