Frequent Contributor

Re: Among Friends Grief Support Group

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

Bringing this up again for all of us struggling with the holidays coming up. It's my first one without my Mom and it's incredibly painful.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Super Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21  It's also my first Christmas without my Mom. I can't wait for the day to be over. I think my sister and I will go to the movies. She can't enter my home so we can't have Christmas here. I will probably go out to my brother's for a little while. At this point, everything is up in the air. I may be at home by myself.

Honored Contributor

I’m sorry for those of you who feel so lonely on holidays. 

My husband died just before thanksgiving and I then had a house full of people all weekend. 

Fast forward to Christmas and I’m on the road for 10 days visiting with family and friends.  

I’m lonely at times in between, when it’s just me and no one else. 

Will have another break without anyone around me, from late December- late January, when we have his celebration of life. 

After that?  Unsure.  I’d like to relocate to be nearer to other family members. 

Occasional Contributor

This my first Christmas without my beloved husband.  We were married for 44 years.  He had a heart attach while he was having a endoscopy and colonscopy the last Tuesday in  February.  He passed away on March 11. I had to give my premisson for him to be removed from life support. 

Honored Contributor

@CountryCook I'm so sorry for your loss and pain

Honored Contributor

@CountryCook

I’m so sorry for the loss of your beloved husband.  Removing his life support must have been the hardest thing you’ve ever done.

My husband passed the week after yours, so I know about how you feel right now.  I hope you have family and friends to be with this holiday season.

Take care.  Prayers of peace and calm.

🙏❤️🕊

Super Contributor

@CountryCook  I am so sorry for the loss of your husband. I hope you can find some joy and peace this holiday season.

Respected Contributor

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal

LOVE

leaves a memory no one can steal.

even with the above being said there are so many times I think it would be better for those memories to be stolen.

Memories can make you smile, but they more often make you cry. 

Wellness and peace to all.

Honored Contributor

New Years is even harder than I thought it would be. Making me dwell so much on all the horrible things that happened. Trying to think of the good times with my Mom that we had in the time before she died. She was such a special person.

It's hard, with all the Happy New Year stuff....even all the new year threads here. I've never liked New Years Eve, but this is the worst one of my life.