Honored Contributor

Re: Among Friends Grief Support Group

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21, this a very worthy thread.

@september, I am so sorry. My deepest condolences.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I hope anyone who is grieving is getting through today ok. It's been a really hard day for me. Lots of crying, but crying is therapeutic.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Regular Contributor

God bless you in your pain.  When in that same place I read books on grief that were highly rated (Amazon) and went for a few counseling visits. Ultimately, my faith held me up best.  The "void" was so great that I didn't know how I would ever fill it.  I found comfort in learning how like minded people coped.  If you are a reader, I would be happy to pass on a few titles that I have found helpful.  And, kudos to you for reaching out on this forum.  Finally, your loved ones are much closer than you may know.  The veli between here and there is thin.  The relationship has changed for now. Peace, friend.

Super Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 It's been a very difficult day for me also. I also have cried numerous times. I didn't sleep well last and have been up since 3 o' clock. It has been a long lonely day and I am grateful it's almost over. 

Honored Contributor

@texassunflower I have been alone too and yes it's been a very long day. I read some on my Kindle, I tried to watch some tv. Hard to concentrate. Couldn't go out for a walk because it was so cold, walking is a form of therapy for me. 

I know what it's like, I don't sleep well either. With the time change I'm awake even earlier.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

What a wonderful thread. 

I live alone here in Florida. Hubbys died 1 1/2 years who .  I keep very busy with all the activities in the community I live in and the church I attend, and I've made very nice friends.

But I miss my kids. 2 live in the northeast, and one in NC. 

Not sure what to do. I don't want to go back to the winters of the northeast. That's for sure. But I'm thinking about the triad area of NC where my son lives.  I'm just nervous about making a life for myself once again. 

The dilemmas of life. 

Thoughts??

Honored Contributor

Mom died last Thanksgiving. I miss her so much.  I can feel her around me sometimes.  But I really need her.  It's so hard sometimes.

We found out 2 days ago that Dad has pancreatic cancer.  I haven't had a breakdown yet but know I will.

All I could think of at Thanksgiving dinner was that it might be our last with Dad too.  I'm so afraid of losing him.  Heck, I'm not ready to lose Mom and she's been gone a year.  

Super Contributor

@CalminHeart  I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. My Mom had breast cancer. She suffered a stroke during the biopsy so surgery wasn't a option. She lived 4 and half years with estrogen depletion medication only. Eventually the cancer metasized to her liver and she was gone in 3 weeks. I feel your pain. Thanksgiving was my first holiday without her. The day was long and lonely. I hope you have many years left with your dad.

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart I'm so sorry. My father is still alive, he's in a facility. He's not in good shape. I know how you feel, I worry all the time that he will die soon too.