Esteemed Contributor

Re: Among Friends Grief Support Group

What I have learned - and experienced - is that the pain never goes away. Much like a scratch that never really scabs up correctly!   But I just learned to live with it!  Somedays are harder to get through than others.  Yesterday was a child's 34th birthday...tough day. 

Memories, songs and scents always get my loved ones back to my mind and heart.  My house has pictures every where...it does my heart good to see them.

I have mentioned this before...cry when you need to...  I found that crying hard - in the shower - was such a good emotional release!!   Healing thoughts to all!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Greeneyedlady21  Thank you for starting this group.  I’ll try to take part when I can.

my husband passed away last week, after a long illness.  I’m a bit overwhelmed at the moment.  Have gotten the newspaper obits placed, and there is an online memorial website.  Still trying to notify people...

I don’t know what I’m going to do each day, until the day hits.  Taking it day by day.  

Frequent Contributor

I’ve been thinking this year has been one of the worst. But it’s just been an extension of 2017. Lots of loss for my husband and me. The worst have been losing two very loved pets just over a year apart. Maybe not the saddest thing to have happen but grief is relative, isn’t it? My pets are my family. Other losses that were just as heart hurting but not quite as sad as losing my furry buddies. I’m hoping next year will be better.
Frequent Contributor

@september I am so sorry for the passing of your husband.  I lost my mother a month ago.  No words I can write will ease the pain, but I will be praying for you and your family.

Our family is reading the book, "Experiencing Grief".  It has helped.  My dad has read several books on grief to fill the time.  I was reading the thread and the poem someone posted was excellent.  There are many good suggestions. 

@Greeneyedlady21 Thank you also for starting this group.

Respected Contributor

There is a Widow's group on QVC which used to be quite popular but few seem to post on it any more.  I suggested some time ago that a general grief support group was needed so I hope now someone will start one.  There should be a lot of response.

Honored Contributor

@september

I am so sorry for the loss of your husband.  I know how devastating that is as I was where you are now some months ago.  I hope you have family and/or friends to rely on.  

As was mentioned, there is also a Widows thread here that will welcome you should you desire to post about anything at any time.

Taking it one day at a time is as much as you can do right now.  Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

🕊🙏❤️

Honored Contributor

@september wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21  Thank you for starting this group.  I’ll try to take part when I can.

my husband passed away last week, after a long illness.  I’m a bit overwhelmed at the moment.  Have gotten the newspaper obits placed, and there is an online memorial website.  Still trying to notify people...

I don’t know what I’m going to do each day, until the day hits.  Taking it day by day.  

Just wanted to reach out to you @september and tell you how sorry I am on the loss of your husband. Please take care of yourself in this most difficult time.

Honored Contributor

@september wrote:

I'm so sorry @september. All I can still do is take it day by day. My only advice, because I don't like advice for anyone who is grieving...it's a completely personal thing, is to not let anyone tell you how you should deal with your loss. That's for you to decide. I had people talking about "getting over" it shortly after my Mom died. People will behave in such hurtful ways, intentional or not. It's so hard to cope with that on top of grief. I'm getting professional help with all of it. That's a personal choice too.

Hugs to you 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@sunshinestory wrote:

@septemberI am so sorry for the passing of your husband.  I lost my mother a month ago.  No words I can write will ease the pain, but I will be praying for you and your family.

Our family is reading the book, "Experiencing Grief".  It has helped.  My dad has read several books on grief to fill the time.  I was reading the thread and the poem someone posted was excellent.  There are many good suggestions. 

@Greeneyedlady21Thank you also for starting this group.

I'm so sorry @sunshinestory. I lost my Mom in June. Hugs to you. Thank you for mentioning the book.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Nugbucker wrote:
I’ve been thinking this year has been one of the worst. But it’s just been an extension of 2017. Lots of loss for my husband and me. The worst have been losing two very loved pets just over a year apart. Maybe not the saddest thing to have happen but grief is relative, isn’t it? My pets are my family. Other losses that were just as heart hurting but not quite as sad as losing my furry buddies. I’m hoping next year will be better.

Pets are family @Nugbucker, it's a tremendous loss. Hugs to you.