Trusted Contributor

Amazon TROUBLE SIGNING IN !!

Has anyone had trouble signing into Amazon with their password recently?  I have !!!  I've changed my password, been sent a message that it's been changed successfully - but when I enter it (correctly, by the way)  it says it's wrong !  AND I KNOW IT'S NOT !   I purchase a vast amount through Amazon and now it's impossible !  Have you had problems signing in ???

Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon TROUBLE SIGNING IN !!

I just tried and had the same problem with password.  I think I will just wait until they straighten this out.  

Honored Contributor

I just logged onto their website (99% of the time I use their app) and my email and password worked.

Honored Contributor

I just tried with no problems logging in.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

When you have that problem signing in go to your inbox and see if they've sent you a one time use only password to use. I had that problem a couple of weeks ago and at some point later I went to my inbox to check mail and discovered that every time I had given it a try they sent me a one time use password that had to be used within...i don't remember...2 min, 5 min, whatever. Once I realized that I tried again then went to my inbox and sure enough there was yet another temp password to use. I did it and voila. I forget the reason, something to with a double dose of security. Actually I might still have that email. Going to go check. If I do will come back and add to this post.

Okay I still have the email. It has to do with a two step process for security reasons. It instructs that you have 10 min to use it and if somehow you don't you need to go back and try signing in again then go to your mail for another temp password they've sent you. You only need to do this one time. Then your normal password is what you go back to using.

Respected Contributor

I was able to sign in just fine, but I sign in through Smile.....

Esteemed Contributor

Maybe they're not doing every single person at the same time. It was on January 21st that it happened to me.

Valued Contributor

I just signed in with no problems. Sorry you’re having problems. Hope it is rectified soon.

Contributor

Try calling Amazon.Com directly for assistance. Their number is 1-888-280-4331. Hope this helps. 

Respected Contributor

I just signed in with no problem.  Good idea to call them.