Honored Contributor

Amazing Candle Vase!

[ Edited ]

@Shanus,@Wilma45I ordered this fantastic two piece candle vase from Vase Candle on Etsy.  Beautiful!  The two big candles they send are soy and wax!

You get to order your fragrance.  My is being shown.

@Andreatoo @Shanus @Icegoddess @MickD @wilma and Ladies that love beauty!

Hyacinth Vase Candle Set  2 Candle Refills  Clear Satin image 0

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

That is really pretty 😻

⚓️
Honored Contributor

I have something similar but the glass is solid.  I purchased it an art show years ago.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

I have something similar but the glass is solid.  I purchased it an art show years ago.

@Mom2Dogs I'd love to see it if you want to post it!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

That's very pretty.

Respected Contributor

A few years ago at a restaurant, each table had a similar candle holder.  It was made from a melted and formed piece of plastic.  The plastic was a mix of shades of one color.  Quite beautiful.  

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

That is pretty, @ECBG!   I love glass, and I've collected so much of it over the years.... some vintage but much of it handmade one-of-a-kind pieces by friends and acquaintances in the arts and fine crafts community.   Each one tells a story and holds a wee bit of the spirit of the artist.   I was thinking of you a few days ago when I visited the SHCG's first-ever virtual craft fair.   That community, and also all the shops, mean so much to me...  after spending so much time with them over the years, it was heartwarming to see that they found a way to celebrate their tradition in this new way.    Nice thread, as usual!     I don't say it nearly often enough, but I appreciate everyone who makes the time to find and post interesting threads.   Kudos!❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo I know the vertual fair was all the Guild could manage now, but I'm sure the artists didn't sell what they usually do.  It's hard to buy some of those items unless you've seen them before. 

When I've been there, I've found one or two artists that had made one of their rare apperances and I liked what they had and made a purchase.

They have quite a chunk of money invested and need to sell.  I don't know how they stay afloat, bless them.

I got a bracelet in another guild's auction from my favorite designer that just retired.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@dooBdoo I know the vertual fair was all the Guild could manage now, but I'm sure the artists didn't sell what they usually do.  It's hard to buy some of those items unless you've seen them before. 

When I've been there, I've found one or two artists that had made one of their rare apperances and I liked what they had and made a purchase.

They have quite a chunk of money invested and need to sell.  I don't know how they stay afloat, bless them.

I got a bracelet in another guild's auction from my favorite designer that just retired.

It's hard for them to survive even in "normal" times, for sure, @ECBG.   For most of my life I've had friends and family who are professional artists... since my days in college and all the way up to today...   and more often than not they have to have a supplemental job to continue to pursue their passion and craft.   I appreciate people like you who do everything they can to promote and support our artists.    So, I thank you.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova