Honored Contributor

I'm with you @catmama.  

I really feel and lately especially that I'm living in a different world than everyone else.  I really don't know when I traveled away from what I know and landed here.

I think when you accept an invitation especially that far in advance to be a guest in someone's home, you be a guest and be very grateful for what's offered.  

Barring a life threatening allergy or medical issue, you say thank you very much to acknowledge your host's time, expense, and effort and enjoy the evening.  

Honored Contributor

Looking at the time frame, both of the ladies were inexcuseablely rude!

Trusted Contributor

Those pesky New Year resolutions.  Next time it's your turn, it probably won't be an issue lol.  Laugh it off.

Esteemed Contributor

I'd be a "no show" when it was their turn to host...

Esteemed Contributor

Agreed. Rude and self-centered.

Those who insist on special diets, including (or excluding) wine should offer to host the group for dinner rather than place demands on the hostess. Big difference between accepting someone's hospitality and ordering from a restaurant menu. These ladies do not seem to understand the difference or choose to ignore it.

Esteemed Contributor

If it were me, I would just cancel the whole thing, or invite them and serve coffee and tea.

People who wait until the last minute to advise you of such things are just rude.

Maybe it is time to rethink the group dinner with friends like that.

Honored Contributor

@cherry My son gives up all alcohol and other foods for January.His church does the Daniel fast and you give up meat,dairy,surger,processed food and alcohol.

Respected Contributor

I think it was inconsiderate.  The ones who gave up wine and the ones who have dietary restrictions should have mentioned it weeks ago, especially since you get together every month.  Or you could have even skipped getting together this month. 

Honored Contributor

They were extremely rude, it's a symptom of the it's all about me society. If they knew about the dinner since Dec. , they could have given you a decent notice.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@catmamasince these women are your friends I wouldn't get too upset.They probably didn't realize you were prepping ahead.I would have just told them I had everything ready and if they wanted something different to just bring it along.The wine can always be returned.