Contributor

Re: Am I the only one who does not have a loving family and lots of friends?

I am so sad to read these threads. No one is really alone God is with you all the  time. Lean on your faith. God Bless!

Honored Contributor

No kids, just hubby and I and my younger brother, lots of cousins on my dads side no relationships with them. I have 4 first cousins on Moms side, 2 stopped talking to everyone about 30 years ago and the other two are more friendly with their Moms side of the family than their dads.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I replied earlier to this thread ...I don't have the greatest family, but to add

...we all have very different personalities and once we grew up and married or moved away from home we all scattered to different parts of the country.  I think it is very hard to stay in each others lives and keep that bond tight when you rarely see each other.  

I was thinking of several friends that seem to have siblings that get along pretty well.  They all live with in 15-30 miles of each other.  I think that makes a big difference.

Regular Contributor

@Miss Pepsi wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

If you feel this way then you MUST prepare for your future. See an attorney. Get your wills in place. Talk about what will happen when one of you goes and the other is alone. I know this is hard to do,but.......for your own peace of mind it must be done.

Too late for me, my husband died unexpectedly 60 days ago.  Financially I will be fine but the lonliness is excruciating.  I miss him every second of every minute of every hour of every day. I just don't think there is any way to prepare for that,

In the Days of COVID it's not like I can just go out and be with people as that too scares me to death. We had a wonderful marriage for 40 years and I just really miss him.

Families UGH, they reveal their true colors, some as early as the minute they were notified.  It is what it is but I would be lying if I said it didn't hurt.  I am however humbled by the kindness of others, some of whom I have never met in person.

My heartfelt sympathy for your loss.  Please know you are not the only one.  You are so right - when illness and/or death happen, people show who they really are.  

Valued Contributor

I don't have children and I do not have a spouse or partner. Just a brother who is not married and not in my town and a bunch of second and third cousins. I often feel very alone.

Respected Contributor

I wish we all lived in the same city and could start a group and help each other.  We could be each other's family if this covid ever ends.  I never seem to meet anyone who does not tell me about their children, grandchildren and family.  We were living in Tennessee part time and a single lady moved in next door.  We talked and she was outgoing and funny and I thought how much I would like to be her friend.  Then she tells me she has parents living in a home that she visits, takes to hairdresser etc., grandchildren she babysits for and tons of brothers and sisters etc.  While we were talking the phone kept beeping.  After that I just smiled and waved when I saw her.  Her times was filled.  

Esteemed Contributor

@diva1964 

@diva1964 wrote:

I am so sad to read these threads. No one is really alone God is with you all the  time. Lean on your faith. God Bless!

No truer words were ever spoken.  My one son who lives a mile away, is having his family. No one will wear masks.  My daughter who lives around the corner, is having her family, they wear masks.

My son who lives 20 miles away, is going with his wife to the first sons house.

My little poodle and myself will have cornish hen with one another.  I am OK, with that.  At 85 need to stay safe. Going to stores and things I have to do is enough exposure. Even without the virus, I would not go.  Family dianamics. Some famalies are respectful, and some think because you are elderly, you know nothing and are stupid.

My faith substains me.  I'm making all the trimmings for myself. Thankful I'm alive, healthy, and can do for myself.  I thank God everyday for the blessings given to me.

Esteemed Contributor

@greenjean1 

@greenjean1 wrote:

@Miss Pepsi wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

If you feel this way then you MUST prepare for your future. See an attorney. Get your wills in place. Talk about what will happen when one of you goes and the other is alone. I know this is hard to do,but.......for your own peace of mind it must be done.

Too late for me, my husband died unexpectedly 60 days ago.  Financially I will be fine but the lonliness is excruciating.  I miss him every second of every minute of every hour of every day. I just don't think there is any way to prepare for that,

In the Days of COVID it's not like I can just go out and be with people as that too scares me to death. We had a wonderful marriage for 40 years and I just really miss him.

Families UGH, they reveal their true colors, some as early as the minute they were notified.  It is what it is but I would be lying if I said it didn't hurt.  I am however humbled by the kindness of others, some of whom I have never met in person.

My heartfelt sympathy for your loss.  Please know you are not the only one.  You are so right - when illness and/or death happen, people show who they really are.  

I am so sorry for your lost. My friend of 61 years lost her husband of 60 years and at 92 is having a horrible time of it.  Fortunely, she has a loving family who is there for her.

Please know that it may not ease the pain, but I am praying for you for some comfort and ease of the pain you are feeling.  

Esteemed Contributor

@qvcaddition   My son is 10:minutes away, his ex wife is cooking dinner since she isn't working. My son and granddaughter will go there. 
  I'm 78, and choose to be wise and stay home with my dog and a frozen Turkey dinner. AND LOTS OF WINE!

🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷

Honored Contributor

Re: @@@Re: Am I the only one who does not have a loving family and lots of friends?

@qvcaddition wrote:

@chiclet 

@chiclet wrote:

My husband and I feel sometimes like we are the only ones who do not have loving children and grandchildren to spend the holidays with ( I am talking about non covid times).  We have children (not with each other) and they could care less about us.  I never hear from them unless I contact them.  I have had friends through the years but either we lost touch by moving or got different jobs etc etc and maybe we email occasionally or meet sometimes for lunch.  We always feel so lonely and think all we have is each other which is actually true.  When one of us goes we cannot count on anyone for help or support.  I just wonder if we are the only ones.  It seems that way...it seems everyone has family to love them.  When I was young I never thought I would wind up like this.   Holidays always emphasize it.  

I have the same problem.  My husband died.  Just me and the  fur baby. I had a fire and at 84, was with the hose trying to put it out, waiting for the firemen to come. The backyard bushes were on fire. Neighbor had called fire dept. I was sleeping.  Everything ok now.  One son lives a mile away.  This was two weeks ago and he still has not come over.  The grandson I send care pkg to, has never been over since last year when he needed a place to stay. Haven,t heard from him since, but he accepts the food through my son who delivers it.  Not even a phone call.  I didn,t expect it.  Have the surplus food, I had  no expectations, but it would be nice to hear from someone.

After fire fighters PUT out the fire and dug up the bushes and left apologizing for the mess, I spent 4 hours cleaning up and chopping burnt bushes.  No One in family called after they found out, to see if I was ok.

I have about 8 grandchildre,,  they are in late 30,s and about 10 greattgrandchildren, and hear from none of them.  Did a lot of things with them and brought a lot of things for them.  Took them to DL

twice when I was younger.  Everyone loved grandma when she was giving.  Now they don,t want to be around the elderly. Recently parents fault. My kids when they were young were taught o treat their Grandmother with respect.  My sad story is too long to tell, but, I keep my spirits up and happy for each day i am above ground.  I find something good to do each day.  I keep busy in mind and body.  Their lost.

Sorry, you are going through.  Find fun things to do.  Keep busy.  Not easy, but don,t let them get to you.  Enjoy each day, never know when it,s your last.

@qvcaddition  that is terrible. I hope you have your will written up giving none of them anything. And tell them why in a long letter.... Donate to charities you love instead.