Respected Contributor

Re: Am I the only one appalled at Lady Gaga’s reward?!

@Sawn wrote:

This thread is a great reminder of why I rarely post anymore. Conjecture about things we know nothing about, including assuming the worst about someone. We have no idea what Lady Gaga is feeling or doing. Good grief. Such negativity. 

I've noticed a lot of negativity also.  By-the-way the dogs are back.  And the dogwalker is from my city.  Just found that out today.

Esteemed Contributor

@MW in Iowa ...Good question...the whole story is rather strange.  Perhaps the people knew they were Lady Gaga's dogs and she would pay a handsome sum to get them back. and that was their scheme.  One got too itchy and pulled the trigger, don't think they planned that.  The main thing is that her friend and dog walker gets better.  She got her dogs back but like I said, the whole thing sounds fishy to me.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

I don't care what her reward is. I care more about the dogs and their safety. Gaga has the money and can use it any way she wants.

Esteemed Contributor

I can understand the absolute love so many of us have for our pets.  I am not going to criticize her offering of a huge award for return with no questions asked.

In my view, it appeared Insensitive to neglect to offer a similar reward for the capture and conviction of the thugs who viciously shot the person walking her pets.  That person was lucky to have survived.

I understand she has ensured the dog walker has the best of care, but offering a reward for the capture and conviction of these dangerous people would have likely prompted someone 

to reveal their identity.  There are often people who know who commits such crimes, and a large reward might have prompted them to turn criminals over to the authorities.  There was no need to shoot the dog walker like they did.  They are obviously very violent people.

Trusted Contributor

I am appalled at Lady Gaga, period. Not a fan. At. All.

Honored Contributor

@Sawn wrote:

This thread is a great reminder of why I rarely post anymore. Conjecture about things we know nothing about, including assuming the worst about someone. We have no idea what Lady Gaga is feeling or doing. Good grief. Such negativity. 

Have to agree with this. By many accounts Lady Gaga is a good and kind person. I know one reason why some people don't like her lol

I like her and her singing. And I find nothing appalling about her reward. I am so glad she got her dogs back.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@september wrote:

Known as Lady Gaga, friends and neighbors know her as Stefani, and describe her as a lovely caring person.  

it's so sad that people dump all celebrities into the same stereotyped categories. 

Yep 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Trusted Contributor

I am so happy to hear the dogs are returned and very sad for the dog walker and his family, prayers for them now.  I am NOT a fan of her and a LADY does not wear dead animal carcas as a gown if she really was an animal lover....jmo

Honored Contributor

The dog walker was safe in stable condition, shot once not four times, while her dogs were in jeopardy and certainly  more important than apprehending a couple of criminals.

Had she included a reward for their arrest it would have negated, made invalid her offer of 'no questions asked'.

QVC Customer Care