Contributor

Re: Am I the only one appalled at Lady Gaga’s reward?!

rant on ... omg people ... your rightous indignation as to what Lady Gaga is doing is so unfounded and plain nasty. 

For starters not only is she contuing pay her dog walker's salary, she is alao covering all of his medical expenses ... which some have estimated to be north of $1 million already.

Second ... how do any of you know what the police have told her about offering a "no questions asked" reward. This may be crucial to enticing the perp(s), or those who may know them, to come forward. Undercover police tactics are routinely used to solve cases such as these

So until you know all of the facts, stop beating your breasts in public horror and disgust and let these people be. 

rant off!!! 

Respected Contributor

Well, I'm no celeb and I don't like dogs so I don't have any.  Too many polluting our water supply.  Our water supply is filthy enough with toxic chemicals but because there are so many dogs they are seeing fecal coliform from dog waste in our drinking water.

I don't need a dog to validate me.  Please don't jump on me, it's just how I feel.

Valued Contributor

Wow I’m really surprised at the narrow mindedness and false assumptions of some people here, especially one in particular! Give her a break already! Some people are so judgmental it’s unbelievable! SMH

Honored Contributor

If I were a millionaire, and in the same awful situation, I would have offered a million dollar reward to get my pup back.  Who are we to judge?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think there is a lot going on with this that we don't know about.  

Just because she won't be asking any questions, doesn't mean the police won't be. 

I can tell you that if someone stole my dog and I had her money, I would do the same just to get her back.  And I'd deal with the shooting separately with the police. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Venezia wrote:

I can't believe the judgmental assumptions being made about Lady Gaga and the entire situation.

Because she wants her beloved Frenchies back at any cost, she's being accused of all sorts of nasty faults.  And being - gasp; the worst - a "celebrity "!

If anyone stole any of my beloved furbabies, I'd move heaven and earth to get them back safely.  It wouldn't mean I wouldn't want justice to be done. Believe me, I would.  But I'd want them back first.

What's happened to people giving someone the benefit of the doubt?  Especially when you know nothing about the real facts.  SMH at such lack of compassion, but not at all surprised.👎

@Venezia.  I don't see a lack of compassion here but I think many are appalled that a ransom of $250,000 would be paid for a pet, no matter how dear.  If a person has that much money to throw around, she should be doing something to better the greater good. 

Sure she could offer a decent reward and use the advice of t h e police to post and offer it instead of wildly announcing $500,000 for two dogs with no thought.  Now she has put the robbers  in a position of not being able to collect the reward or return the dogs.  Facing robbery and attempted murder charges, what would you do with the dogs?  It'll be a miracle if she ever sees them again.

GaGa herself has sabotaged the return of her dogs with her sloppy handling of this case.  She should have let the police handle the whole situation.  She became emotional and lost her cool.

@Kachina624 , that's not your business what she chose to do with her money.  She does a lot for the greater good.  She is a very generous person.  It's her money.  She can do with it as she sees fit.

Honored Contributor

@77yangya wrote:

Well, I'm no celeb and I don't like dogs so I don't have any.  Too many polluting our water supply.  Our water supply is filthy enough with toxic chemicals but because there are so many dogs they are seeing fecal coliform from dog waste in our drinking water.

I don't need a dog to validate me.  Please don't jump on me, it's just how I feel.

@77yangya , I'm not sure why you feel that people who have dogs need to be validated by their dogs.  I don't even know what in the world that means.

If there is fecal coliform in drinking water, blame it on the people who don't bother to clean up waste from their pets.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@77yangya wrote:

@77yangya , I'm not sure why you feel that people who have dogs need to be validated by their dogs.  I don't even know what in the world that means.

If there is fecal coliform in drinking water, blame it on the people who don't bother to clean up waste from their pets.

@Lipstickdiva - LOL.  Kind of like a woman doesn't need a man to validate her?

I've never thought of my cats as validating me.  (Or any dogs I've had in the past.)  People do come out with some weird off-topic things, don't they?  Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@ dotcomcasualty 

She probably has an emtoional connection to the dogs' cost.  Those are expensive dogs.  

Valued Contributor

Honestly I don't pay attention to what these elite celebrities say or do. If I see something on the news I just skip over it.