Respected Contributor

Re: Am I the only one appalled at Lady Gaga’s reward?!

@Nonametoday wrote:

@ dotcomcasualty 

She probably has an emtoional connection to the dogs' cost.  Those are expensive dogs.  

I'm positive she loves her dogs and it is not about how much she spent on them. Anyone who has love for a pet would understand that. Only a very few materialist people think their dogs are some sort of status symbol. Dogs are not like shoes and purses. They are living breathing beings with wonderful personalities who give us a lot of joy and love, 

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@ dotcomcasualty 

She probably has an emtoional connection to the dogs' cost.  Those are expensive dogs.  

@Nonametoday   They are her family.  The reward has nothing to do with what she paid for them.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

@ dotcomcasualty 

@Nonametoday   They are her family.  The reward has nothing to do with what she paid for them.

Some people won't ever understand how a person can love a pet in the same way as any family member. I actually feel for them that they will never know the kind of unconditional love a pet can give. 

Esteemed Contributor

@ dotcomcasualty wrote:

She never once mentioned a Reward for the aprehension of those who shot the poor Dog walker. I suppose she doesn't have an emotional connection for him. One can always tell what sort of Person one is, by the way he/she treats his/her Employes.And so it goes..

That's really unfair.  You don't have the slightest idea how she treats her employees.  Or what she's done that hasn't been made public.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@MW in Iowa wrote:

I know there are some passionate dog lovers on this forum , if you had the money to get your dogs back , wouldn't you pay what you could afford , i am sure she will take care of the dog walker . It does send a bad mesage to all of the low lifes out there , they can do this to the next celebrity and get away with it. Who shoots an innocent person to steal dogs ?

@MW in Iowa 

Now how are you sure she will take care of the dog walker?  That is not usually the case with celebrities.  They could care less about their domestic help.  The serfs are considered well paid if they give them $15/hour.

That's completely untrue!  I work with celebrities, and have celebrities as friends.  You are absolutely incorrect when you lump any group of people all together like that.  Employees often become like family, and many celebrities maintain close relationships with them for years.  I know many like that, who are generous with both their affection and their money.  It's very unfair to assume when you clearly have no firsthand knowledge.

Esteemed Contributor

@JobGirl wrote:

@september wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

At the beginning, I heard her say in an interview that she was one of those kids others made fun of.  I would think she does have empathy towards others.

She was bullied as a child, because she was diffferent, had a big nose, didn't "fit in". 

she's still differnt and doesn't fit in -thats her "thing"...and she's taking ;it to the bank..

nothing to feel sorry for...lots pf kids were bullied and had big noses or whatever ,,,never knew anyone else who wore a meat dress...by choice, who wanted to fit in...

its her schtick...she loves attention and gets it 

She's an entertainer.  If you don't enjoy her, that's fine.  But she had every right to pursue her career.  Millions of people appreciate her talent.  She had a rough time as a child, and she still struggles with issues.  Yes, like lots of us.  And like many, many  people in the entertainment business too.  I'm not sure why your'e so intent on being critical.

She also happens to be a very kind and generous person.

Esteemed Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

It's amazing how quick you all are to heap praise for some perceived grand gesture when in reality it's called doing the right thing?!

Of course she's paying his medical bills! It's an obligation; not some mitzvah

I haven't seen anyone characterize that as a grand gesture.  People are simply countering your argument that she's a terrible person who cares about her dogs, but not about the human being who was walking them.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@ dotcomcasualty 

I'm sure she has an emotional connection to the DOGS, not their cost.  That's pretty typical of most dog owners.  Not everything is about money.

Honored Contributor

Lady Gaga is also a survivor of sexual assault. I guess some people here think she exploits that for attention too?

Geesh

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Esteemed Contributor

My favorite cartoon from the New Yorker magazine was a tiny dog sitting on a huge dais, with an auctioneer behind him saying, "The bidding will begin at 11 million dollars." Those of us who love our fur babies know in our hearts that if we had millions,bwe'd likely do what Lady Gaga did. However, I certainly hope that the dog walker's medical bills were all paid and that HE got a reward for all the sacrifices he made.