Honored Contributor

Re: Am I the only one appalled at Lady Gaga’s reward?!

No, I was not appalled.  They dogs are like her children and she knew that if she offered a ton of money and didn't put anyone at risk, there was some hope she'd get her dogs back.  The dog walker is fine, his family said they are grateful to her so I assume she has done well by him.  No one can undue or reverse what happened to him but that huge reward might have saved the lives of those dogs.  I'm sure people all over NYC were on the lookout for them.  

Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo NO WORDS................

Honored Contributor

It's amazing how quick you all are to heap praise for some perceived grand gesture when in reality it's called doing the right thing?!

Of course she's paying his medical bills! It's an obligation; not some mitzvah

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

It's amazing how quick you all are to heap praise for some perceived grand gesture when in reality it's called doing the right thing?!

@Andreatoo  I don't think anyone knows what reasons anyone else has for doing things. This is just your opinion of someone you don't even know. 

Respected Contributor

Like I said before most people don't have someone they don't know care for their dogs. I'm sure he is considered a friend and of course she would take care of his bills. I don't understand the desire to believe she doesn't care about the guy. The police were all about the shooting as far as the dogs they would not put much into looking for them. Anyone who wants their dogs back has to pick up the slack on that. Police don't go around searching for stolen dogs as a rule. If she did not put out the reward for them it would be like saying she didn't care if she ever got them back. it's not a bad thing to admit your first instinct on a story you heard was wrong. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Andreatoo 

Unless I am mistaken your post that started this thread had the word "implication", and now this one has "perceived". 

From just those 2 words, along with the rest of both posts, I have read enough from them to "perceive" how you see others lives. 

As I said in my original post to you, the word implication, as used by you, equals judgement of someone you don't even know. I will try to remember that if and when I read any of your future posts.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Andreatoo  I don't think anyone knows what reasons anyone else has for doing things. This is just your opinion of someone you don't even know. 

@proudlyfromNJ 

That goes both ways. If I can't presume to know why someone does something then neither can anyone else! But in this particular instance her paying the man's medical bills is a given. He was working for her when it happened. We should all be impressed because he didn't have to file a lawsuit to get his medical bills paid?!

Honored Contributor

One word:  Lawyers. 

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ 

That goes both ways. If I can't presume to know why someone does something then neither can anyone else! But in this particular instance her paying the man's medical bills is a given. He was working for her when it happened. We should all be impressed because he didn't have to file a lawsuit to get his medical bills paid?!

@Andreatoo 

the family of the shooting victim has come out and said how much he loves the dogs AND gaga. they are not saying anything negative, but only positive things about what has happened and how she has responded to their family. not sure why this would garner such negativity?

it sounds like she cares for him and he cares for her. it doesnt sound like any type of "obligation" on her part at all.

the family has also said they want some time to themselves to process all of this.

from the beginning i did not think anything negative about what happened AFTER the crime, especially about gaga. i sincerely hope that the things you have said or implied are NOT the case at all when we are able to hear more about this.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

This thread is a great reminder of why I rarely post anymore. Conjecture about things we know nothing about, including assuming the worst about someone. We have no idea what Lady Gaga is feeling or doing. Good grief. Such negativity.