Honored Contributor

Re: Am I the only one appalled at Lady Gaga’s reward?!

I respect Lady Gaga's talent and I have nothing against her. I'm not predisposed to anticipate the worse from celebrities; I much prefer to hear positive things.

This was my strong gut reaction to the headlines and news reports.

Obviously everyone did not have the same reaction to the announcement

Honored Contributor

I saw this on TV tonight and the whole story was told..along with videos of the abduction and news about the reward.

The dog walker's family said Lady Gaga reached out to them with her concern and was very understanding, upset and was helpful to them.  It appears that she has done more than just offer a reward for her dogs.

She is very caring and concerned about her dog walker as well, who fought to save her dogs.

I find it sad that people jump to conclusions after reading a news story...You can't believe everything you read and somethings are not published because the info won't sell papers.

Occasional Contributor

You're right, you shouldn't believe what you are hearing because the whole story wasn't given at first. Anyone who has a pet that is part of the family understands the reward to get back their pet. But what was not revealed at first was that Gaga had been in touch with the walkers family from the beginning because the $$ amount was more news worthy. Think twice before you judge someone's intentions.

investigate the source and wait until you have the whole story before going with accusations of someone's character.

And yes, she has the wealth to offer that kind of reward but it doesn't mean she hasn't been concerned about the health of the young man that was shot

Esteemed Contributor

Some unreal responses here.  

Cut Lady Gaga a break. This is her unfortunate issue, not anyone

elses. She loves her friend and her dogs.

Be glad what you do is not written about online and judged by

millions of people you will never know.

Praying for the safe return of her beloved dogs and her dogwalkers

friends name is Ryan Fischer and I recently read tonight he is

improving and is expected to make a full recovery which is

wonderful.

Honored Contributor

I am amazed at how many here are personally acquainted with celebrities, and know exactly what they think.

Good wishes and Hope for those who are actually involved.

BTW - there was a discussion recently on Best Friends web, about Frenchies becoming a target for theft nationally, because of their re-sale value.  Sad.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

TMZ is reporting that the dogs have been returned.

Respected Contributor

@LonestarBabs wrote:

What wonderful news! 

Honored Contributor

They are so cute.

image.png

Honored Contributor

@LonestarBabs wrote:

yes, so is ABC local news......

Lady Gaga's two French bulldogs, which were stolen by thieves who shot and wounded the dogwalker, were recovered unharmed Friday, Los Angeles police said.

A woman brought the dogs to the LAPD's Olympic Community Police Station, just northwest of downtown, around 6 p.m, said Capt. Jonathan Tippett, commanding officer of the elite Robbery-Homicide Division.

Lady Gaga's representative and detectives went to the station and confirmed that they were the dogs.

The singer is currently in Rome to film a movie.

The woman who dropped off the dogs appears to be ""uninvolved and unassociated" with Wednesday night's attack, Tippett said.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

Yea! I'm so happy that the doggies were returned unharmed! I am also glad that those who were so certain that the dogs were going to be killed, were wrong.

I am curious though, how did the woman come by the dogs.

Maybe we will find out in the days to come.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.