Valued Contributor

Re: Am I the only one appalled at Lady Gaga’s reward?!

I am not appalled.  I have never been a fan, however I recently watched a doccumentary "five foot two" about her.  She is an amazing talent, and has a lot of "issues" Physical and mental, a servant of sorts.  Her music is an obsession, she has handlers always around her taking care of her.  She is amazing, at the same time sad. I feel very sorry for her, and I would not criticize her. She is a very generous person.

Honored Contributor

Wish I could find those dogs💰💰💰💰💸💵💴

Esteemed Contributor

I heard on the news that there have been other " hold ups" in that same area. Wonder where he was walking ? Hope the dog walker recovers. What a terrible thing to happen to you  when you are just doing a job. Hope he  gets  justice by  someone identifying  the people who shot him. The dog walker being shot is a most horrible act .  I feel so sorry for the dogs - maybe they knew or maybe they didn't know that they were Lady Gaga's . Maybe they were going to sell them or maybe they were going to breed them . Horrible to think hwat trauma the poor dogs are going through.

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

I can't believe the judgmental assumptions being made about Lady Gaga and the entire situation.

Because she wants her beloved Frenchies back at any cost, she's being accused of all sorts of nasty faults.  And being - gasp; the worst - a "celebrity "!

If anyone stole any of my beloved furbabies, I'd move heaven and earth to get them back safely.  It wouldn't mean I wouldn't want justice to be done. Believe me, I would.  But I'd want them back first.

What's happened to people giving someone the benefit of the doubt?  Especially when you know nothing about the real facts.  SMH at such lack of compassion, but not at all surprised.👎

@Venezia.  I don't see a lack of compassion here but I think many are appalled that a ransom of $250,000 would be paid for a pet, no matter how dear.  If a person has that much money to throw around, she should be doing something to better the greater good. 

Sure she could offer a decent reward and use the advice of t h e police to post and offer it instead of wildly announcing $500,000 for two dogs with no thought.  Now she has put the robbers  in a position of not being able to collect the reward or return the dogs.  Facing robbery and attempted murder charges, what would you do with the dogs?  It'll be a miracle if she ever sees them again.

GaGa herself has sabotaged the return of her dogs with her sloppy handling of this case.  She should have let the police handle the whole situation.  She became emotional and lost her cool.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

At the beginning, I heard her say in an interview that she was one of those kids others made fun of.  I would think she does have empathy towards others.

She was bullied as a child, because she was diffferent, had a big nose, didn't "fit in". 

Respected Contributor

@september wrote:

Known as Lady Gaga, friends and neighbors know her as Stefani, and describe her as a lovely caring person.  

it's so sad that people dump all celebrities into the same stereotyped categories. 

I would like to thank @september for this comment.  None of us knows what happened in this case and it is uncalled for to ASSume what is happening.  My cousin has a son in LA that has a dog walking business and he is very close to the families of the dogs.  

Valued Contributor

Half a million is a drop in the bucket to her and she loves her dogs.

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Esteemed Contributor

The amount of the reward is one thing, but, the dirtbag who shot the dogwalker should get the same punishment.   Obviously he was targeted by the shooter; probably watched him for a while before striking.  She has the means to offer that amount but I hope the shooter gets prison instead of money.

Honored Contributor

I don't think the dogs are still alive. What good is 500K, if you got it, from behind bars. I would ditch the dogs and run just to stay out of prison if I were one of the perps. 

Valued Contributor

@september wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

At the beginning, I heard her say in an interview that she was one of those kids others made fun of.  I would think she does have empathy towards others.

She was bullied as a child, because she was diffferent, had a big nose, didn't "fit in". 

she's still differnt and doesn't fit in -thats her "thing"...and she's taking ;it to the bank..

nothing to feel sorry for...lots pf kids were bullied and had big noses or whatever ,,,never knew anyone else who wore a meat dress...by choice, who wanted to fit in...

its her schtick...she loves attention and gets it