Valued Contributor

Re: Am I the only one appalled at Lady Gaga’s reward?!

To her, Gaga offering $500,000 is like one of us offering $5.00.  She'd never miss it.  She is also known as a kind, compasionate person and I wouuld be surprised if she is not going to pay her dog walker's medical bills in addition to whatever else he needs.  I think she will make sure he is well taken care of.  No one knows how his shooting has affected her.

I know many on these forums (including myself) would pay and do whatever it takes to get our dog back.  Of course she says no questions asked.  That will be up to the LAPD, and I doubt they will let this go.  Too many wealthy dog owners in that area.

Honored Contributor

@kitcat51 wrote:

I believe undercover police officers will be involved...money is great bait, hope there's a gotcha soon.

Hopefully, at all of the underground dog fights. whistling.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

She publicly put out a reward for the return of her dogs no questions asked! I believe that says all we need to know about her.

Yes she can afford it which also means she can afford to offer a reward to find out who shot her employee! 
NO QUESTIONS ASKED 

I think what you're not getting here, is that a strategy is in place and the lapd is involved.  They can't make all the details public, and that is usually the case with criminal investigations. 

Honored Contributor

@MW in Iowa wrote:

I know there are some passionate dog lovers on this forum , if you had the money to get your dogs back , wouldn't you pay what you could afford , i am sure she will take care of the dog walker . It does send a bad mesage to all of the low lifes out there , they can do this to the next celebrity and get away with it.

"Who shoots an innocent person to steal dogs ?"

@MW in Iowa 

I call them Criminals. Nightly news will tell you many shoot people for much less. Some even because it's their fun.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@Andreatoo - I took her "no questions asked" meant return the dogs, I'll pay the money that's it. I'm sure she is quite concerned about her dogwalker and would not be surprised if his bills are paid.

Since a person was shot, she has no control over what the police will do to investigate the matter.

She was also out of the country when this happened.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Her money, her dogs and I am sure she will take care of her dog walker.  If I had that kind of  money and my dog was taken, I would offer a lot to get my sweet dog back, too.  No one's business how she spends her money.

Respected Contributor

@grandma2pkmh wrote:

What concerns me is that now the kidnappers will demand more money because they know she has it and is willing to pay.

The dognapping was the least of their offenses.  Their primary crime was attempted murder of a human being. 

Honored Contributor

Oh come on, the half million must also be for the victim, not just the dogs.

Honored Contributor

I can't believe the judgmental assumptions being made about Lady Gaga and the entire situation.

Because she wants her beloved Frenchies back at any cost, she's being accused of all sorts of nasty faults.  And being - gasp; the worst - a "celebrity "!

If anyone stole any of my beloved furbabies, I'd move heaven and earth to get them back safely.  It wouldn't mean I wouldn't want justice to be done. Believe me, I would.  But I'd want them back first.

What's happened to people giving someone the benefit of the doubt?  Especially when you know nothing about the real facts.  SMH at such lack of compassion, but not at all surprised.👎

Esteemed Contributor

I just heard a story about a woman a couple of towns away that had 2 Frenchie puppies to sell. Two people showed up and while the lady was gathering their things, they took off with the puppies.

I'm sure they knew what they were taking and would bet they will be reselling them. Their only problem is they have no "paper" for the dogs so they won't get the $$$$ for them.