Respected Contributor

Re: Am I the only one appalled at Lady Gaga’s reward?!

I believe undercover police officers will be involved...money is great bait, hope there's a gotcha soon.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@MW in Iowa wrote:

I know there are some passionate dog lovers on this forum , if you had the money to get your dogs back , wouldn't you pay what you could afford , i am sure she will take care of the dog walker . It does send a bad mesage to all of the low lifes out there , they can do this to the next celebrity and get away with it. Who shoots an innocent person to steal dogs ?

@MW in Iowa 

Now how are you sure she will take care of the dog walker?  That is not usually the case with celebrities.  They could care less about their domestic help.  The serfs are considered well paid if they give them $15/hour.

Honored Contributor

@ dotcomcasualty wrote:

She never once mentioned a Reward for the aprehension of those who shot the poor Dog walker. I suppose she doesn't have an emotional connection for him. One can always tell what sort of Person one is, by the way he/she treats his/her Employes.And so it goes..

You're going out on a limb...a long shaky one. 

Honored Contributor

@ dotcomcasualty wrote:

She never once mentioned a Reward for the aprehension of those who shot the poor Dog walker. I suppose she doesn't have an emotional connection for him. One can always tell what sort of Person one is, by the way he/she treats his/her Employes.And so it goes..

It's not her responsibility to apprehend the criminal.  The police are doing their part and some details can't be made public 

Respected Contributor

The man walking the dogs is more than a dog sitter, walker. He is a close friend of Gaga's. His family is thanking Gaga in the media for her continued and ongoing love and support of him.

They are also grieving the loss of the dogs stating, "he loved those dogs as much as Gaga." He would want them back as much, too. Watching him in a couple of videos shows this as well. While lying horrendously wounded, he clung to the dog that escaped and it had to be pulled from his arms.

The reward is controversial, as it may fuel copycat activity, but she did the first thing that came to her mind, feeling helpless that she was likely to never see her furbabies again, unless offering a reward. If I had that kind of wealth, I may have done the same thing.  

The authorities will look for the perps because they shot the walker, but let's face it, the dogs will not be their top priority. She had to make it hers. JMHO

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Andreatoo.  There's a long thread on the subject here and up to now, I thought I was the only one who considered a $500,000 reward for a couple of dogs was obscene and excessive. 

She probably signed their death warrants with this reward as the pups are now so " hot" they can't be returned without incriminating the perpetrators.  There is also a robbery and attempted murder charge to boot.  Now watch as dognapping becomes the "in" thing for low-lifes to do.  I'm glad I'm not a celebrity and my dogs aren't highly desirable breeds as I wouldn't be able to enjoy them.

I think she saved the dogs lives by making them worth so much they would not be disposed of. The perps were after money to begin with. Most people could not turn down that much money. They'll send someone they know to turn the dogs in and then they'll get caught. 

Honored Contributor

Known as Lady Gaga, friends and neighbors know her as Stefani, and describe her as a lovely caring person.  

it's so sad that people dump all celebrities into the same stereotyped categories. 

Respected Contributor

She released a statement to rhe dog walker that she will continue to love him , and that you risked your life for our family. You are forever a hero.

Honored Contributor

She publicly put out a reward for the return of her dogs no questions asked! I believe that says all we need to know about her.

Yes she can afford it which also means she can afford to offer a reward to find out who shot her employee! 
NO QUESTIONS ASKED 

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

Half a million no questions asked?! The implication is it she doesn't really care who shot the poor man (4 times in the CHEST) as long as she gets her dogs back!

Implication? Kinda means the same to me, in this case, as judging someone, and/or knowing the functions of their brain. 

There are many that think "this will prevent crime/that will prevent crime", yet serious crimes keep going up. I don't think criminals need a motivation  to commit crimes, most probably look at the easiest targets, with the most $$$ to gain.

I learned a long time ago not to underestimate what goes into criminal investigations so I will leave that up to law enforcement.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing! It's like the rich and famous live in their own little world 🤫

What surprises me is, you just understanding that celebs and politicians, do live in "their own little worlds". Was obvious to me many, many decades ago.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)