Honored Contributor

Re: Am I the only one appalled at Lady Gaga’s reward?!

@Andreatoo.  There's a long thread on the subject here and up to now, I thought I was the only one who considered a $500,000 reward for a couple of dogs was obscene and excessive. 

She probably signed their death warrants with this reward as the pups are now so " hot" they can't be returned without incriminating the perpetrators.  There is also a robbery and attempted murder charge to boot.  Now watch as dognapping becomes the "in" thing for low-lifes to do.  I'm glad I'm not a celebrity and my dogs aren't highly desirable breeds as I wouldn't be able to enjoy them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

what makes you think she does not care aboutor wont take care of her dog walker?

"My beloved dogs Koji and Gustav were taken in Hollywood two nights ago," Lady Gaga posted, along with a photo of the dogs. "My heart is sick and I am praying my family will be whole again with an act of kindness. I will pay $500,000 for their safe return. Email KojiandGustav@gmail.com to contact us. Or, if you bought or found them unknowingly, the reward is the same."

Gaga went on to praise the injured dog walker, who's recovering in a Los Angeles hospital, writing, "I continue to love you Ryan Fischer, you risked your life to fight for our family. You're forever a hero."

https://www.cnet.com/news/lady-gaga-speaks-out-on-dog-theft-calls-injured-dog-walker-forever-a-hero/

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

If you hadn't heard already Lady Gaga's dog walker was shot and in grave condition by someone who then stole 2 of her dogs.

Half a million no questions asked?! The implication is it she doesn't really care who shot the poor man (4 times in the CHEST) as long as she gets her dogs back!

I couldn't believe what I was hearing! It's like the rich and famous live in their own little world 🤫

@Andreatoo 

Limousines rolling and the serfer walking and placing themselves in danger for the 1% ers.

Honored Contributor

I think we don't know all the details about this incident.  The LAPD is taking care of the criminal side....her focus is on being reunited with her dogs. 

Her home is close to a friend of mine and this area has been targeted lately by people stealing mail, breaking into cars, doing whatever they can to profit financially.  Now dog napping.  The residents in this Hollywood hills neighborhood want this person to be apprehended and he will be. 

Esteemed Contributor

@fancy pantsy wrote:

i heard one newscaster say that while she may not be asking any questions,  law enforcement certainly will.  i'll betcha that if this thief makes a move for the $$$$ that the authorities will be right on top of it all.  

we haven't heard all of the story yet, and i am inclined to think that she has been generous to the walker.  only my opinion though, and maybe i am pollyana about it. 

you're not a pollyana about it.........

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Once the pictures of her dogs etc was news they alread knew whose dogs they stole, She has over $300 million so they knew they either hit the jackpot or were in big trouble, which they didn't mind since they were willing to kill someone for dogs. I think it sets a bad precendent though for other celebrity families, though.

I ask myself if I had that much money that $500K didn't matter, would I offer that for the dogs I love with no info?  I honestly think I wouldn't. Why not $250K for info leading to arrest and an extra $250K if I get my dogs back?

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@IamMrsG 

He must be reeling over the fact that his employer put out a reward for the dogs and not to find out who shot him?!

Excuse me....you don't know what she has done that hasn't been made public.  

New Contributor

She never once mentioned a Reward for the aprehension of those who shot the poor Dog walker. I suppose she doesn't have an emotional connection for him. One can always tell what sort of Person one is, by the way he/she treats his/her Employes.And so it goes..

Respected Contributor

None of us know what she is doing for the dog walker. She wants to make her dogs worth so much that they won't dispose of them. After shooting the guy most people would want to get rid of the evidence. 

Honored Contributor

@fancy pantsy wrote:

i heard one newscaster say that while she may not be asking any questions,  law enforcement certainly will.  i'll betcha that if this thief makes a move for the $$$$ that the authorities will be right on top of it all.  

we haven't heard all of the story yet, and i am inclined to think that she has been generous to the walker.  only my opinion though, and maybe i am pollyana about it. 

@fancy pantsy 

Of course it's law-enforcement's priority but Lady Gaga made it clear it's definitely not hers which is sickening to me....