Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

I don't know what "double-edged" means in this context.

@ChynnaBlue

That danged "auto correct" struck me again. I could swear I read all of it before posting, but either it acts after I hit "post", or I am just missing seeing it.

I did just edit it, sorry.

hckynut(john)

Thanks, @hckynut, 77 makes MUCH more sense. Smiley Happy

Old is subjective. I'm sure there are some 20-somethings who would be shocked to find out that there are people in their 70s who even know what the internet is. They'd be very impressed, I bet. 

But Rupert Murdoch joined Twitter at age 80 and Betty White sent her first Tweet at age 90. I believe we have quite a few posters in their 80s. My manager, in her early 50s, always tells me she's too old to use Twitter, Facebook, and message boards. You could show her a few new things.

Honored Contributor

I dunno.......there seems to be a new category of "Senior" poster...............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@minkbunny, just wanted to say "hi", I haven't seen you post for a while.  Hoping everything is well with you and yours.  You are in my thoughts.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

I think you were probably under the impression that posters were 

(much) younger?

Honored Contributor

Re: Am I An Old Poster?

[ Edited ]

@hckynut:

C'mon, dude, you're forever young at heart & mind.   Cat Tongue

happy_belated_birthday_tabby_cat_greeting_card-r090ec4c5b27b425bba400d521038c186_xvuak_8byvr_324.jpg (324×324) 

Respected Contributor

Well hckynut...if you're feelin' "old" than your and old poster, if your feelin' "young", you're still an "old" poster! 

Just having s bit of sarcastic fun...hope you're chuckling too!  :-D

Esteemed Contributor

I don't find 77 old.  Only 15 years posting?  That's what is called a newbie. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

Happy belated birthday John. You are only as old as you feel. For some reason I did imagine you to be younger. Must be your attitude towards life. Always enjoy your posts. As for an old poster, yes you are. I can't even remember how long ago I started. I enjoy hearing a man's point of view on things also.

Respected Contributor

It's only a number, more of a frame of mind!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Esteemed Contributor

I've been on these boards from the beginning and, at 69, I'm definitely an old poster. Now that it's settled, I'm going to get ready for my dance class at the Y. Age is just a state of mind...and feet.