Respected Contributor

Re: Always Thankful at the Bird's Nest - November 2016

Image result for picture of snow birds

Respected Contributor

Image result for picture quotes for friday

Respected Contributor

Possum, you find the most beautiful pictures of Fall - just love all the gorgeous orange colors - course I am prejudiced as orange is my favorite color besides yellow that is.  I miss not seeing many of the Fall colors where I live. Course I could drive up in the mountains and I would get an eye full.

MUST fill the feeders - was looking at them yesterday and it dawned on me I have been ignoring them. I need more hours in the day and more help with the little ones I do believe. Just cannot always get the "my thing" done.

Woke up about 2:30 this morning for some dumb reason. Looked out and scooting out of my front yard was I think - a coyote, or perhaps a fox, just not real sure. But a super thin critter obviously looking for either food or water. Sad.

Hope one and all have a very good day.

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Everyone, I'm on vacation today, Monday and the company is closed on Tuesday so I am in for a wonderful break :-).  I brought the laptop home and will check in a couple of times today as the team lead who usually backs me up for a specific function I perform is also out of the office today.  

I'm about to wash up and head off to the doctor for my annual exam/bloodwork.  I can't really call it an exam though, I don't undress completely, we tend to chat more than anything, but I will have blood drawn.  Providing he's on time and not delivering a baby, I should have time to get a cup of coffee (i've been fasting for the blood work for nearly 12 hours), pop into Kmart and browse, and hit the local Pet Supplies Plus for pigeon food before I go for my mammogram at 1:15.  

The doctor and mammogram center at the hospital are maybe 3-4 miles from each other, with stores in between, yippee.

We still have lots of colors on the trees here in SE Michigan.  My favorite time of the year, for sure :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I love fall leaves. The colors are entirely beautiful.:

Winifred,  I just found this gorgeous orange photo this afternoon and thought you might enjoy it.   One of the ladies I play 'Words With Friends'' on my cell phone. lives in the mountains of North Carolina.  We don't 'talk'(message on the game site) much, but she sent me a message today about a game we played.   She's not originally from NC, but loves it and considers it her home now.   Must be beautiful in those mountains now. 

If that was a fox in your yard, it might help you out with those moles or gophers.  Our red foxes used to help us a lot by hunting the moles in their runs at night.  I watched one of the foxes locate the mole by hearing it moving underground and it pounced on the run and dug the mole out.   Not easy being a wild critter these days with over development and destruction of wildlife habitat.  Sad thing for sure.  We had a possum again last night,  I love having them around.  They are not aggressive or destructive and actually help with rodents and tick control  for sure.

I wish your family would help you more with the little ones.   I know they were a handful when I was much younger.   I don't know if I could keep up with them now.  Take care of yourself and get as much rest as you can, when you have the chance.  I know I get 'bossy'. HeartCat Very Happy 

Honored Contributor

Previous pinner: Make your destination perfect with best #ProfessionalVideoCamera http://www.panasonic.com/in/consumer/cameras-camcoders/camcorders/hc-v130.html:

Honored Contributor

Fall:

Honored Contributor

The blue jay is a strikingly beautiful, 11- to 12 1/2-inch bird, among the most familiar birds of North America. The bird’s call is a defiant jay-jay, often sounded in a discordant chorus with other jays, setting up a commotion if an enemy is spotted. Blue jays also mimic other birdcalls.:

Honored Contributor

Fall bridge:

Honored Contributor

It was a long day :-)

The bird of the day is the Pink Headed Fruit Dove

Image result for pink headed fruit dove

Image result for pink headed fruit dove

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise