Honored Contributor

Always Thankful at the Bird's Nest - November 2016

Welcome back dear friends and visitors to the Bird's Nest for November.

Image result for harvest birds

Among the trees is a bird's nest,

and in the nest her three eggs rest,

and in each egg, Hush, you'll be heard!

There lies asleep A tiny bird.

Written by H.N. Bialik

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: Always Thankful at the Bird's Nest - November 2016

I had to bring at least one photo over of the Giant Rabbit (from October's Birds Nest).  This man loves his rabbit :-)

Giant Rabbit | Most Beautiful Pages:

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

I had to bring at least one photo over of the Giant Rabbit (from October's Birds Nest).  This man loves his rabbit :-)

Giant Rabbit | Most Beautiful Pages:

I would love him too!Smiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

GIANT bunny butt! Arkansas actually has many breeders of these giant bunnies!! :):

Frequent Contributor

Oh my goodness!!!  I have never seen a rabbit like this.  What kind is it?  

Respected Contributor

it may be a flemish giant. those rabbits can get really big.

Honored Contributor

@MimiLouise

@Pooky1

Pooky wins the prize - Giant Flemish

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Birders,

I can't believe I actually got into this thread.  I had a lot of puter troubles and had to send it out to see what was wrong with it and it turned out that something was corrupted in Windows along with IE.  The fellow that we took it to backed up what he could and had to clean everything out and install a new Windows program.  We run the business on it so we were frantic.  Got it back 4 days later....weekend in there that he was not opened.  Since I wanted Windows 7 I had close to 400 updates and it took several days to do it.  The computer kept shutting down  the first night so I had to remain up to keep it going all night.  Needless to say it was a mess.  We lost all of our contacts in Windows Live Email,  I had nothing written down but a few so pertaining to the business we lost 130 email address's. 

I tried to get into the Birds's nest and the pictures would not load and still will not in the Oct. thread but I got the ones so far on here.  The repairman told me not to use IE for my browser so he made Firefox the default and it just will not load a lot of pics.  I guess I just have to get use to using Firefox.  I do not want that to happen again. 

Besides the computer mess we had a very busy Sept. and Oct. with visitors.  We had a couple leave one day and on the same day my SIL arrived.  Still have more coming.  I am drained between it all. 

From what I could read it sounds like all is well with you birders.  I miss chatting with everyone.  We still do not have the bird feeders up because the bears are still around even though it has gotten pretty cold in the last week or two.  Considering the drought we are still in the foliage was beautiful this year.  They were saying not to expect much but we ended up with a lot of cold nights and warm days and a few days of some rain and it turned out great.  I can't wait to put the feeders up so that I can see all our bird friends again.  I am going to try to post a pic of a large bear that showed up at our daughters feeders.  The fence in front of the bear is 4 feet high so that you can see how large he or she is.  Take care everyone and have a great rest of the night!

Resized_20160622_064018.jpg

Honored Contributor

@luvsbulldogs wrote:

Hi Birders,

I can't believe I actually got into this thread.  I had a lot of puter troubles and had to send it out to see what was wrong with it and it turned out that something was corrupted in Windows along with IE.  The fellow that we took it to backed up what he could and had to clean everything out and install a new Windows program.  We run the business on it so we were frantic.  Got it back 4 days later....weekend in there that he was not opened.  Since I wanted Windows 7 I had close to 400 updates and it took several days to do it.  The computer kept shutting down  the first night so I had to remain up to keep it going all night.  Needless to say it was a mess.  We lost all of our contacts in Windows Live Email,  I had nothing written down but a few so pertaining to the business we lost 130 email address's. 

I tried to get into the Birds's nest and the pictures would not load and still will not in the Oct. thread but I got the ones so far on here.  The repairman told me not to use IE for my browser so he made Firefox the default and it just will not load a lot of pics.  I guess I just have to get use to using Firefox.  I do not want that to happen again. 

Besides the computer mess we had a very busy Sept. and Oct. with visitors.  We had a couple leave one day and on the same day my SIL arrived.  Still have more coming.  I am drained between it all. 

From what I could read it sounds like all is well with you birders.  I miss chatting with everyone.  We still do not have the bird feeders up because the bears are still around even though it has gotten pretty cold in the last week or two.  Considering the drought we are still in the foliage was beautiful this year.  They were saying not to expect much but we ended up with a lot of cold nights and warm days and a few days of some rain and it turned out great.  I can't wait to put the feeders up so that I can see all our bird friends again.  I am going to try to post a pic of a large bear that showed up at our daughters feeders.  The fence in front of the bear is 4 feet high so that you can see how large he or she is.  Take care everyone and have a great rest of the night!

Resized_20160622_064018.jpg

Wow!!! Luvsbulldogs,   What a bear!!!    Beautiful but wouldn't want him at my feeders.    Thanks for the photo/

I don't use IE at all.  It's on here, but I use Chrome and don't have any problems with the photos for the most part.

I wonder if your email contacts could be in the Cloud??  Mine were when my previous phone froze on me and couldn't be gotten in to.  I dreaded trying to remember my contacts and phone numbers and when I started to type them into the new phone,  I got a message that they were in the Cloud and could be downloaded.  I jumped on that and was so relieved to see them populate my list of contacts.  Just a thought, though I'm sure your Tech probably knows about that.  

Hope you are feeling well.   It's good to see your post, as I'd been wondering about you and hoping all was good. Heart

Honored Contributor

Novembre!:

Hi Bernie,   Thank you for our new "Nest".   Hard to believe this is the first of November already.   My mindset is still near the end of September and our weather backs me up.Cat Very Happy

It was in the 80ies again today and probably tomorrow.   My banana plants are loving it, but not me.   I'm ready for some rain and cool cloudy days.  Love that!!! 

Have a nice Wednesday,  Birding Friends.  Heart