Honored Contributor

Re: Always Thankful at the Bird's Nest - November 2016

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama wrote:

@possummink  I'm on my android tablet right now.  I took a pic of him with my canon camera.  I don't know how to get the pic off my camera onto this tablet - I'm a desktop girl.  You'll be seeing a pic of that crazy bird on his teepee in the next couple of days.  I encourage his 'inner bird' and let him do what he wants.  I always felt bad he couldn't be returned to his own kind.

Bernie,  He came to your home for a reason and his life is rich and full of love as well as safe and longer than it would have been in the wild.  Grayson is happy and content, safe and loved and he returns that love to you.   He's 'boss bird' in his little kingdom!! Heart

Looking forward to seeing him on his throne, oh, I mean teepee.Cat Very Happy.

Honored Contributor

Teal, Copper and Brown Two Owl Christmas Wreath:

Honored Contributor

My sister's nickname for Grayson is The General.  He certainly runs the house. 

Everyone is back to work today.  I felt really good for the first 5 minutes after I woke up this morning.  I think I am getting better, little by little.  Just gotta stay hydrated.

The bird of the day is the Fairy Gerygone

Image result for fairy gerygone

Image result for fairy gerygone

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi birders....hope that everyone had a great Thanksgiving.  Ours was quite which is fine.  I am sick like all last year and need to see a Gastro doctor.  Not sure if is my Crohns or what and the doctors have no clue either.  I saee my new Gastro doctor in 2 weeks.

@Bird mama

There is a terrible cold of sorts going around here.  It starts with a sore throat and you can even have a low grade temp with it.  Our daughter could not come for Thanksgiving because she was down with it.  It makes you extremely tired.  It lasts for almost a week and then a little time passes and a lot of people get it again.  My daughter has it again.  Take care of yourself and take vitamin c and lot of fluids.  I hope that you feel better soon.

Waving hi to all the birders!!!

Honored Contributor

@possummink

Okay, I was hurrying and Grayson is not that crazy about seeing me with a camera, especially if the flash is on.  Here's his big butt on the teepee - it was starting to buckle a little.

IMG_0982.JPG

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@possummink

Okay, I was hurrying and Grayson is not that crazy about seeing me with a camera, especially if the flash is on.  Here's his big butt on the teepee - it was starting to buckle a little.

IMG_0982.JPG

Bernie,  Thank you for the photo of Grayson.   He's really a very handsome guy.   Love his 'throne'.   I've not seen a teepee like this before.   Looks pretty substantial.  Is it just for birds?   

He sounds like Mattie when it comes to having his picture taken.  I really can't get a good photo of her.   I see so many beautiful photos of other people's pets and just 'wish'.   She turns her head, moves, turns away, or somehow blurs the photos.   

Thanks again for this picture.  Love it!!!  "The General".Heart

Respected Contributor

Grayson is such a cutie!! How old is he now Bernie? Can't seem to recall.

As I mentioned at the Back Fence, need to fill the feeders today - they emptied out. Sure not as fast as they once did. Another COLD day on tap but am sure not as cold as Michigan and some other parts of the world. right now the house is quiet - I really miss my former early morning ritual. All the cats driving me nuts for their morning treats and Conrad anxious to go outside. Miss Blackie continues with the routine but certainly a lot less boisterous as when I had the other three - miss them all and also Stripes who I lost some months earlier. Those critters can sure play your heart strings can't they?

Shannon got here last night so hopefully I can get some bills paid and run some other errands. Has been a little hectic to say the least for several reasons.

Winds not as bad last night - thank goodness!!! Cannot stand those winds - have never liked them. Remember all the years I drove to and from work in Palm Springs and the winds would gather up that lose dirt and there went your paint on the car - quite common - also the windshields would get blasted in seconds. Mine, just  from daily driving is quite pitted - noticed it really bad the other day in the rain. Need to get it replaced but the insurance does not cover that - cannot afford to add that out here. LOL.

Have a great day one and all.

Honored Contributor

@possummink

It's actually a cat teepee sold here on the Q.  I will get a better pic of him on it with better lighting.  Grayson cracks me up.

Petmaker Sleep & Play Cat Bed w/ Removable Teepee Top - M115266

Honored Contributor

@Winifred

Grayson is 7 years old.  I could tell he was a juvenille pigeon born some time in the spring of 2009 before whatever it was attacked him in July 2009. He's been with me since July 2009.  

Honored Contributor

The December thread is up and I transferred over today's entries that were posted here.

http://community.qvc.com/t5/Among-Friends/Bells-are-Ringing-at-the-Bird-s-Nest-December-2016/td-p/33...